Zenith PDP50X30000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenith PDP50X30000

Hello all, this is my second thread about the other free set I picked up over the weekend. This one is a 50" Zenith plasma, I don't have pictures at my disposal, as it is still at my friend's house who helped me get it. =P
    Anyway, the guy I got it from said it didn't power on, and he believed the issue was in the power supply board. I brought it back to my friend's house and tried to power it on to no avail. I removed the back panel and found a lot of dust. Blew it out with a compressor (being careful not to let the fans revolve too quickly, thus possibly ruining the bearings?) and tried again, same results. A little research online and I got the idea of unplugging all connections leading from the power supply board to reset it, in essence. I don't know if this was a good tip I found or if it was by some sort of witchcraft, but the TV now powers on. I plugged in a DVD player to test the picture. I was disappointed to find that it was still not working properly. The display is very dark, with a large lack of color. There is also a lot of ghosting in the picture, black dots shadowing movement when scenes changed, or there was movement in the movie. The sound was also quite weak, even when I turned it to about 75% of capacity. The only idea I was able to find online was that perhaps the voltages on the power supply board were incorrect, otherwise I'm at a loss. Tomorrow I will have the set at home (if I can find room for it) and I will be able to upload pictures. I know this is an older set, I believe the screen is CRT, but it would still be nice to get it working as a backup, or to give to a friend who desperately needs an upgrade from his 19" Magnavox tube.

Re: Zenith PDP50X30000

If you unplugged the Z-sustain board, the picture would look exactly like what you describe. Z-sustain is on the right of the panel (looking from the rear) and connects through some orange ribbons to the plasma glass.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: Zenith PDP50X30000

Awesome! Tomorrow I'll give it a look see, hopefully if that is the issue I can find one fairly cheap and get at least one set working.

Comment

Working...
      X