X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP ProBook 650 G2 6050a2723701-mb-a02

Originally posted by peste View Post
    try..
    Thanks. I will try tomorrow and give you feedback.
    Regards

Comment

you can also try station # 99 if you know that the biop of the latop has the N76 version..don't forget to make a backup copy of the original bios of the laptop before ... if it doesn't work, post the copy and the model of the motherboard ..
      Thank you, I will try tomorrow and report back.
      Unfortunately backup is not an option anymore. The original backup was faulty and ever since I have already reprogrammed the chip several times
      I forgot to mention that the BIOS chip is Winbond 25Q128FVSQ.
      Do you know if #99 .bin file is compatible with this BIOS chip?

Comment

Originally posted by gecon27 View Post
        Thank you, I will try tomorrow and report back.
        Unfortunately backup is not an option anymore. The original backup was faulty and ever since I have already reprogrammed the chip several times
        I forgot to mention that the BIOS chip is Winbond 25Q128FVSQ.
        Do you know if #99 .bin file is compatible with this BIOS chip?
        Here,try these.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...00&postcount=7
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

try..
          Hallo, unfortunately without luck, but now LED lights showing something else.
          Regards
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brackovic View Post
            Regards
            try..
            Attached Files
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

try..
              Tanks again, but the same error with LED lights. My BIOS chip is W25Q128FV, maby this will help?
              Regards

Comment

Regards
                Could you give it a try with the bin files provided by SMDFlea in #103?

Comment

Could you give it a try with the bin files provided by SMDFlea in #103?
                  Hi, already tryed but FAN ist ion 100%, black monitor.#
                  Thanks

Comment

Could somebody from the experts providing the bin files explain in more detail the process of creating these bin files? In my case, using a test clip, I am able to flash successfully the bin files but afterwards the laptop is completely dead. It only happended with one of the bin files that the laptop started behaving like with the fan at 100% and black screen, however I am pretty sure that I tried the very same bin file again a couple of days later and this time the laptop appeared to be dead.
                    Some quick questions:
                    1) Shall we try with CH341A v1.18 or later? v1.18 does not regognize 25Q128FV chips while v1.34 does. Is it ok if we select 25Q128BV when using v1.18? In any case, verification with CH341A tool, following a (phenomenally) successful flash, seems to always fail. Why is that? Is this normal? Side question: When I connected the programmer the very first time using v1.34, although the read/dump was successfull and I was able to save the file, when I tried to re-flash it the result was a dead laptop. How can it be that a read/dump is successful but not work afterwards? What are the things to keep in mind when a read/dump is done so that to be sure 100% that the dump can be re-used later without problems?
                    2) Is AsProgrammer more reliable? If yes, which version? v1.4.1? With v1.4.1 I am able to flash *and* verify successfully, however the result is always a dead laptop.
                    3) What about the drivers used for CH341A and AsProgrammer? Can it be that if several versions are installed from these 2 tools, then there might be some conflict, even though the programmer does recognize the chip correctly? In my case I am trying with different versions of the tools and I am not sure that I always clean up properly older versions of the drivers. What should be the right driver version to use with CH341A v1.18 and which one with AsProgrammer v1.4.1?
                    4) How does the bin file relate to the motherboard, the chip itself and the ME version? Can it be that a chip has bricked under certain circumstances of flashing?
                    5) Some people say that there is a significant difference if you desolder the chip and then program it. Can we be certain that in the case of using a test clip, if flashing and verifying completes successfully, then we are ok and thus there is no need to try programming through desoldering the chip? Or it can happen that flashing and verifying *appears* successful but in reality it's not? In the latter case, how can we be sure that the way using CH341A and AsProgrammer is reliable, particularly when reading/flashing through a test clip?
                    6) Purchasing a used BIOS chip of the same model/laptop from Ebay or whatever, does it guarantee 100% success in bringing alive the laptop?
                    Sorry for all these questions, I am just trying to understand what's going on.

Comment

Really good question. I‘m interested too.
                      Regards
                      Last edited by piernov; 09-23-2021, 01:17 AM. Reason: remove full quote of previous post

Comment

Some quick questions:
                        Really good question. I‘m interested too.
                        Regards
                        The CH341A isn`t the best programmer around but it is cheap,and with it comes some quirks as you`ve found already.Some of the supplied software versions will read certain chips but not write them,and vice versa. The alternative software versions are better,but even then you might have problems, NeoProgrammer is my favourite but others swear by colibri and AsProgrammer,flashrom is good too but it has a bit of a learning curve as its used from the command line.
                        If you must use a clip then make sure its on securely and not wobbling around ,with HP laptops plug in the charger,just make sure not to short anything with the clip. Also make sure to unplug or remove the cmos battery first before programming,and put it back after.
                        Q: How do i know if i`ve made a good backup or not ?.

A: One of the easiest ways is to make 2 backups,open both with a hex editor and use the File-Compare option.Scroll through and make sure there`s some code in the backups.If both files are all FF`s (empty) then you havn`t made a good backup or the chip is blank.Make multiple backups making sure all connections are good and all programmer settings are correct.Double check, triple check ! https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98665

The 650 G2 has 2 different bios versions, both of these are confirmed good and working with clean ME firmware - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...00&postcount=7 .Try both if you don`t know whch version you need. If neither of them work you`ve done something wrong or the problem is somewhere else.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-22-2021, 02:06 PM.
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          If you must use a clip then make sure its on securely and not wobbling around ,with HP laptops plug in the charger,just make sure not to short anything with the clip. Also make sure to unplug or remove the cmos battery first before programming,and put it back after.
                          I didn't know that for HP laptops I need to have the charger plugged in! Are we sure about that? Several people say the opposite. As for the CMOS battery, good tip, I didn't know that I need to unplug/remove it before programming.

The 650 G2 has 2 different bios versions, both of these are confirmed good and working with clean ME firmware - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...00&postcount=7
                          My case is N76 based on an export that I got using the HP BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU) before starting playing with programming the BIOS. More specifically, the System BIOS Version is "N76 Ver. 01.00 12/07/2015", the BIOS Build Version is "0002" and the ME Firmware Version is "11.0.0.1194".

Comment

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

I didn't know that for HP laptops I need to have the charger plugged in! Are we sure about that? Several people say the opposite. As for the CMOS battery, good tip, I didn't know that I need to unplug/remove it before programming.
                            Quite sure,here`s some advice from someone who`s flashed hundreds https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...63&postcount=4

Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-23-2021, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Quite sure,here`s some advice from someone who`s flashed hundreds https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...63&postcount=4

Hi, and wwhen the chip is desoldered and direct of the Proggammer?
                              Thanks

Comment

JUst for Information I tryed all BIOS that i found here and without sucess. There was two different errors. Or Fun goes of 100% or Just Blinking LED's. I Tryed with disoldered chip but now in verification i have error that programmer cannot read some blocks ( Maby to much hot air? ). I Tryed to find new chip but without sucess to find it in Germany. Must be the same that was on the board?
                                Regards

Comment

Hp probook 650 g2

HP PROBOOK 650 G2
                                  MOTHERBOARD: 6050A2723701-MB-A02
                                  machine keeps beeping
                                  Attached Files

Comment

worked for me, thanks

Comment

After several attemtps it finally worked!
                                      To be honest, I had to plug and unplug the charger several times before and/or after the programming and also play a lot with powering on/off the laptop. I believe it is also important to make sure that the machine is completely switched off by pressing the power-off button for 10 seconds or so before starting the programming. Finally I used Neoprogrammer but I am not sure if it matters.
                                      After being able to boot properly in Windows, I tried to restore the configuration through the HP BCU utility (I had kept a backup). All entries were restored properly (serial number, etc.) except for the "MS Digital Marker" key. The error message is "access denied" as you can see below:

C:\Users\admin\Downloads>"c:\Program Files (x86)\HP\BIOS Configuration Utility\BiosConfigUtility.exe" /set:config.txt
                                      <BIOSCONFIG Version="" Computername="DESKTOP-2SM7HQ1" Date="2021/09/28" Time="02:07:43" UTC="-21">
                                      <SETTING changeStatus="fail" name="MS Digital Marker" reason="Access denied" returnCode="6">
                                      <OLDVALUE><![CDATA[00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000]]></OLDVALUE>
                                      <NEWVALUE><![CDATA[010000000000000001000000000000001D0000004A4A4338502D4E444B48332D46473757462D484A4A32342D4352344A32]]></NEWVALUE>
                                      </SETTING>
                                      <ERROR msg="An operation failed" />
                                      <ERROR msg="BCU return value" real="13" translated="13" />
                                      </BIOSCONFIG>

The result is that when the laptop boots, before entering Windows, it always displays a message:
                                      WARNING! machine is not in a committed state
                                      Apart from this warning, everything works fine.
                                      I even upgraded the BIOS to the latest version successfully, but the warning still appears.
                                      If somebody knows what to do in order to overcome it, please share your thourhgts/ideas.

Thanks!

Comment

... when the laptop boots, before entering Windows, it always displays a message:
                                        WARNING! machine is not in a committed state
                                        Doing some googling, it seems that this is happening to several users. See for e.g. https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80676.
                                        Some people say that the reason is that the AMT function of the motherboard has not been defined properly (AMT-enabled or not). This might be true because the BIOS firmware I programmed (650 G2 01.49 Rev.A N76 ME_CLEAN.BIN.zip) does not give any AMT options during BIOS setup (F10), something that my previous BIOS did have (I know this from the config file I exported using the HP BIOS Configuration Utility - BCU).
                                        The proposed way to overcome this problem is to use the AMT Brand Tool or the HP Mobile Firmware Interface Tool (DMIFIT). The latter was introduced in 2009 and replaced HPSetCFG and BrandIT older DMI flash tools. By the way, is BrandIT the same as the AMT Brand Tool? Anyways, I gave it a try with NbDmiFit-2.13 but I am not allowed to do any AMT-related changes (option 3) as the MPM is locked.
                                        Does somebody know if BIOS firmware 650 G2 01.49 Rev.A N76 ME_CLEAN.BIN.zip includes options for AMT or if there is another one that does? I am asking this because maybe flashing a new BIOS is easier than trying to unlock MPM and re-program AMT, if unlocking is actually possible (I am not sure it is).
                                        Another thing that troubles me: My CPU (i5 6200U) is NOT supporting vPRO. There were however AMT options in my old BIOS and AMT was marked as "enabled". I suppose it is possible to have AMT enabled but without vPRO since it is not supported by this specific CPU, right?

Comment

Update:
                                          I managed to successfully flash BIOS, first on a HP ProBook 650 G2 (chip Winbond 25Q128FVSQ) and then on a HP ProBook 650 G1 (chip Macronix MXIC MX25L12873F), using in both cases the firmwares provided by SMDFlea.
                                          I include hereafter some notes based on my own experience:
                                          1) Neoprogrammer seems to do the work better than CH341A Programmer and AsProgrammer. Using the latter two you have to be very cautious which version of the software you will use in order to correctly support the chip(s) you're using.
                                          2) In both cases I did the reprogram with the chips on board. It is important to make sure that the machine is completely switched off by pressing the power-off button for 10 seconds or so before starting the programming. For the chips to be recognized, in my case at least the charger had to be unplugged.
                                          3) I downloaded DMI Tool 2.018.zip from https://drive.google.com/file/d/16XT...bjoay8pAx/view and created a bootable USB stick as per the instructions. Then I booted from this USB and followed the instructions to restore the parameters from the backup I had taken with the HP BCU utility before starting the programming (note: all parameters had to be typed in manually) and finally commit. Attached some screenshots.

Comment

Working...
                                          X