Hitachi p50s601 possible power protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi p50s601 possible power protection

I have a 50 inch, P50S601 that I am having problems with. In a nutshell, it appears to be in power protection. When powered on the display flashes then the power button goes from steady blue to a flashing blue (flashes 3x then of for 2 seconds then repeats). I have disconnected the YSUS and XSUS alternately and applying power per the Plasma TV troubleshooting steps with the same results. Voltages coming out of the PSU appear to be correct when reading at the output at CNPP5 (connector that have the voltages listed below it) Another indicator is that the fans do not come on upon power up.

Re: Hitachi p50s601 possible power protection

Service manuals:
    http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

(The second one isn't working for me -- I'll see if I can fix that at some point, if I have the original file.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Well, just figured it out. It is definately on of the buffer boards for the YSUS. SDR-U was the culprit. Disconnected SDR-U and set powered up showing lower display only as expected. Plugged it back in to verify and viola! No power and blinking blue light! Now to locate a replacement that wont cost an arm or leg....

Comment

They don't exist. That is, the failure is so common that the buffers regularly go for upwards of $200~$300. However, you can repair them yourself if you or a friend is handy with SMD.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

How do i go about getting a schematic of the card? Looking at it, there is nothing obvious.
          There are test points TP1 thru TP8 even and odd.

Could the schem be on the document that is damaged that you directed me to?

Comment

Received the new SDR-U today. Put it in the TV, powered up, and..... display flashed and saw good on lower but lines on upper half. 10 seconds later, poof! back in protection. URGGGH!!! When cycling the power, see the same thing so I believe that the SDR-U was only one of the issues. Now what? Back to the drawing board.

Comment

Make sure to check large caps on the power supply secondary. If they are 2200 or 3300 caps you might want to change them. bulged or not.

Comment

Working...
              X