Help on setting up US Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help on setting up US Keyboard

Hi guys i have an old sony vaio VGN 195 Ep laptop that i bought years ago Europe for my son,and then later on bought a more modern Sony VAIO he left this old vaio behind,but lately i went to try it and found out that actually despite
    running only xp professional sp3 it runs pretty good Centrino Pentium M 1.5 GHz, 597 MHz CPU 1gb ram, i use it for iptv and browsing and it work flawless.
    the only issue i have it is the keyboard for true English,any help on how to set up US keyboard.Thanks

Re: Help on setting up US Keyboard

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/turn-...top-51417.html

Comment

you can probably upgrade the cpu cheaply to an M770

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        you can probably upgrade the cpu cheaply to an M770
        Thanks stj ; i would but this old Vaio does what i need as good l as my other 5 PCs which is IPTV and for all other stuff i use my other 5 PC's,2 Intel 5 Quad core and 3 Duo core HP and my 2 top of the line Android TV boxes.
        So no need to spend any money on this old Vaio,but i'm amazed how good it performs either on video streaming or browsing,and it still works great on Google Chrome despite no support for 32BIt systems either from MS or Chrome ,the issue of the keyboard is not really an issue because this Vaio was bought in Portugal and it has multi languages i set it for US English but half of the keyboard is ok in US keyboard keys but other half i have to press (FN) key also to have the right US text on the other half ,no big deal,maybe there's a way to set it to true full US keyboard but i only use it most times to stream IPTV to my whole house through an Adapter converter PC to TV and then to a RF converter to a Coaxial cable for all my tv's in every room and i have many,and since this old Vaio has max resolution 1024 x768 is perfect to run with this PC to TV converter 480p to channel 3 on the TV's without changing or lowering resolution,i can also use any of my other 5 PC's but i have to lower resolution to 1024x768 since they all set for HD 1080P for my other HD TVs.

Comment

Working...
        X