contact cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contact cleaner

what is the best one on the market at mo that Dissolves corrosion and oxidation :

Re: contact cleaner

deoxit

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
      deoxit
      This.

Comment

What's the best contact protectant? A phone co. tech mentioned something made by Monsanto, but Monsanto doesn't make it any more.

Comment

Caig makes Deoxit D5 and they also make Shield. I use Deoxit first and when it's clean I shoot some shield in there.
          sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

None of them does that.
            But this pencil can do much more.

http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=27.0

Comment

my concern with those is wiping off the very thin gold plating on sockets and pins.
              i bet more contacts get trashed by abrasive cleaning than wear out.esp cpu sockets rated for only a few cycles.

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
              None of them does that.
              But this pencil can do much more.

http://www.ittsb.eu/forum/index.php?topic=27.0

Comment

I have use that pencil for many months and even up to date I believe that it is a small miracle.
                I have test it on CPU contacts, SIM cards, memory modules, memory cards, all that it does is to remove any build up corrosion.
                What it can not do is smoothing an damaged metal surface and this is a proof to me that is not working as abrasive.

It does also miracles on battery contacts of all sort of devices, even in my digital camera which use AA NIMH and there is no space to insert in that battery holder any other tool than this pencil.

I am recommending it 100% as solution but my vote goes to the specific product vendor.

Comment

Working...
                X