Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These are linear voltage regulators right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are linear voltage regulators right?

Some time back i got some old junk hardware, i pulled the transformers and these out before dropping them off at best buy for recycling
    these were not even soldered, just plugged in via wires

starting from the left i think i have 4 12v, 4 15v, 1 18v, and 1 5v regulator
    i am not sure if this is the right datasheet:
    http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...OHM/17812.html
    IF these are infact regulators, how many amps can they do and what is the min supply voltage
    Attached Files

Re: These are linear voltage regulators right?

Originally posted by evilkitty View Post
    i am not sure if this is the right datasheet:
    http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...OHM/17812.html
    IF these are infact regulators, how many amps can they do and what is the min supply voltage
    The datasheet you referenced indicates all of them to be nominally 1A regulators (depends on SOA). The output voltages are enumerated for each (typ reflected by the last few digits in the part number).

There are minimum and maximum input voltages stated. Exceeding the maximum will typically cause the magic smoke to leak out of the case. Failing to meet the minimum will typically cause the output voltage to "sag" by an equivalent amount (you usually need about 3V more on the input than you expect at the output on non-LDO regulators though this varies with load current).

The power rating of the device package effectively will determine the voltage differential (Vin - Vout) related maximum output current (differential times output current reflects the amount of power that is being dissipated in the regulator)

Comment

Re: These are linear voltage regulators right?

78 are positive, 79 are negative.
      they run hot btw - so you need a good heatsink

Comment

Working...
      X