Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch WTA100 Dryer repair

Hi guys ,

I "bought" this nice looking Bosch dryer for a 6 pack beer.
    It has the problem that it is not heating anymore. ( Fan is working ).

I measured the thermostats inside and they are all ok. It has 1 thermo with the fuse that can pop out but its still fine.
    So i got down to the heating element and it has no continuity/endless ohm so i know its bad.

I got a question , can i make this element work again temporarily? I got continuity on the outer part of the element but not on the pins itself. If i look closely on the pins i notice that there are 2 small pins inside the element. So i guess something on the inside is broken.

What happens if i solder the pins to the outer part of the element?

Anyone have experience with this type of dryer?
    Attached Files
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Re: Bosch WTA100 Dryer repair

This is the element up close.
    Attached Files
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Solder might melt with the hi-temp. Probably get someone to MIG/TIG weld it back and that could probably work temporarily.

Comment

Will the element get so hot that it melts the solder? I think the best thing is to get a new heating element.

Comment

not even silver solder is going to last in this application.

Comment

Ok , thanks for the help! I will get a new element and that will fix the problem. Only $40.
            Little maintenance on the rest of the parts and it will last a few more years!

Comment

you can buy elements in straight lengths and bend to shape .just get correct rating .

Comment

remove the brass core from a terminal-block and clamp it down on the element

Comment

Sorry STJ i don't understand what you are trying to say.

I got the new heating element and cleaned the inside of the dryer. Used a tiny bit of WD40 in the motor area ( for the fan ).
                  Its working perfectly right now!

Comment

Don't forget to clean and put a little lube on the 2 rollers the drum rides on.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                      Sorry STJ i don't understand what you are trying to say.

I got the new heating element and cleaned the inside of the dryer. Used a tiny bit of WD40 in the motor area ( for the fan ).
                      Its working perfectly right now!
                      Also make sure that the duct hose that goes to outside of the house is clean otherwise you have this problem again

WD40 should not be use to oil the motor you should use motor trubine oil which made for that

One note you can fix heating wire with high temperature terminal crimps (crimp the hole terminal end not just in one spot) just cut off the end that you do not need and solder each end of the terminal end

I have done this before with about 85% success rate
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-10-2017, 04:22 PM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply
                      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I cleaned the duct hose so that will be ok.

I used only a little WD40 , not like normal use. I will buy the oil.

Comment

Before you replace the element: check that you are actually getting 220volts to it! (BE CAREFUL!!! AND HAVE SOMEONE NEARBY WATCHING READY TO UNPLUG IT, IF YOU GET ZAPPED!!!)

I had a dryer with a bad thermo switch. voltage would flow through the element and terminate on both ends of the thermo switch, so it seemed that everything was good there. It wasn't until I unplugged the pigtail off the last of 3 thermo switches and tested either ohms on it, or tested if voltage was coming out of it that the problem was revealed!

And some times elements do have super high resistance. I tested a brand new heating element for a water heater, in the highest ohms setting, on my harbor freight meter. It showed open line!

Good luck!
                          Disclaimer: Don't trust a thing I say-I am frequently wrong!!!

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

Some of the things I've fixed:
                          60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Oh, never-mind. I skipped ahead. Forget my last post. lol.
                            Disclaimer: Don't trust a thing I say-I am frequently wrong!!!

I have tons of spare parts, some used, some N.O.S. ham transistors and caps. Message me if you need any parts.

Some of the things I've fixed:
                            60" Vizio-bad LED's. iBook G4: Resoldered VCC Plug. Geo Tracker ECU: Swollen / Leaking capacitors. Windows Laptop: Soldered broken LVDS wires. Dryer: Burned contact on temp switch. Oven in R.V.: Bad contacts in relays-Exploded by the looks of them! Samsung Oven: Burned contacts on Relays. MSI Motherboard: BSOD-Swollen capacitors, bad graphics card, Moved SATA Input from SATA 1 to SATA 2 plug

Comment

Haha thanks for the tip! Much appreciated , i tested the element in continuity mode and no beep so i knew enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X