TH-P50G15A - 6 Blinks- Bad TNPA4782

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TH-P50G15A - 6 Blinks- Bad TNPA4782

TW2005, you have been super helpful, and I appreciate it. I do apologize if I am making you repeat yourself, there are 8 pages on this thread, so I am fairly confident I might be at some points asking redundant questions that may have already been answered. I will try my best to go through the posts again before asking more questions.

Before I buy these parts, UTsource has a few variations of them, and I would like to make sure that I am buying the correct parts. The following are the listings that I have in my shopping cart. Can anyone confirm that these are indeed the correct parts.

Q551: 2 options, the CPH5524-TL-E SOT23-5, and the CPH5524-TL-E Encapsulation:SOT153. Which one should I go with?

IC561, IC562: T541A Encapsulation:SMD-20 Straight forward, one option on this one.

Q701: 2 options, MMBTA92LT1G Encapsulation:SOT23, High Voltage Transistors PNP Silicon, and SEMICONDUCTOR MMBTA92LT1G FNFP which do I need?

Q702: 3 options, 2PD601AR, 2PD601AR/ZR, and 2PD601ART version. Which one should I go with?

Q818: There are 3 versions, 2sk3018, 2sk3018KN, and 2sk3018T106. Which do I need?

Thank you for the help on this.

Comment

http://www.utsource.net/search.aspx?keyWords=CPH5524

http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...T-4071444.html

2sk3018 - This is the tricky one and I'm yet to get the correct size as there are 2 packages and the OEM is the smaller one. It is possible to get the larger size to fit if you're delicate with the legs and just ever so slightly bend them closer together it can be soldered in to make contact.

The OEM is marking KN but i have ordered against that and it was the large one marked KL (I think)

large- http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...8-1234159.html

most likely large, http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...N-4052939.html

This should be correct but again the package description is SOT323
      http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...06-824384.html

I have attached the datsheet, that's exactly the same KN and package UMT3, 2sk3018T106 but i have found this with another item with UT that you get an item that's the same but different package.

e.g. RFN25TM4SW & FN25TM4SW are the same diode but the R means the legs are pre-bent in the reverse direction. I've ordered the R and got the other which is a challenge straightening the legs then re bending in the opposite direction which quite often the leg will crack or break off at the fold.

some things you just have to work with as it's hard finding some parts or expensive.

Note that there is a sweet spot with the qty ordered. Go low or single and it get's expensive. It's obvious they have a min $ of $1 / item if less than 5.

So with those small transistors above you get 4 for $4 or 51 for $5.10. Sure you can work out what best suits but the repair can blow out quickly but if you're into this or intend doing more boards the unit cost per board can be very low if you can get good enough to knock these off first time.

I can knock off a 5081 for about $7-10 in bits because I ordered in bulk the bits that commonly go .

Don't forget there's some diodes that fail, RF101L4S

PC461, is probably ok but you can get from UT. pin 1 is the white dot and 5-8 is Vcc - gnd which if any of the other items feed by ic771 are shorted will be low.

I think it's PS9817A-2,have a look. the -2 is important as it has 2 channels there are -1
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tw2005; 06-06-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Thanks for all of the info, super helpful.
        I will be ordering the above today, and tomorrow I might have a couple extra questions regarding 1 or two of the IC's and making sure I am getting the proper ones, and possibly an extra question about the PC601 part number, and PC461 PS9817A-2 is difficult to find, no ebay sellers, and it seems like UTsource does not have it available in stock, but digikey might have it available.
        Thanks for everything, I will write again tomorrow once I get back to the shop in front of the board.

Comment

Ok IC's now. These seemed a little easier to find.

IC464 low mid TC7SH14F Found that one no problem
          IC564 Top left near SC50 TC7SH14F thats the same as the IC464, so all good to go
          IC691 upper mid TC7SH00FU This one has 2 choices, TC7SH00FU(T5LFT) Encapsulation:SOT-353, and TC7SH00FU Encapsulation:SOT-353
          IC563 Bottom left HB1496K CRDT Yall said this one was not bad on yours, and my IC561 and IC562 seem to be registering ok readings, so what do you think on this, should I actually get it?

IC771 Low mid 78L05 that one is the same as IC724 and IC725
          IC724, 725 top mid 78L05 This one I found about 20 variations or so. Below are the ones that I think would work on the board. I left most of the others out of the way.
          NJM78L05UA Encapsulation:S OT-89,3 - TERMINAL POSTIVE VOLTAGE REGULATOR
          MC78L05ABP Encapsulation:T O-92,
          LM78L05ACMX Encapsulation:S OP8L
          LM78L05ACZ Encapsulation:T O-92,3-Terminal Positive Regulators
          78L05L Encapsulation:S OT
          AN78L05M Encapsulation:S OT-89
          L78L05ACUTR Encapsulation:S OT89
          And the list goes on for this. So what do you guys think? Most of these listings don't have pictures.

Now that we got all the IC's, comes the Opto, I don't think we ever listed the actual part numbers for these. I would like to buy the
          PC461, I know that my PC601 is bad since I can see physical burning on it, and PC603 is giving me some similar readings as 601 is. Would you know the part numbers for these? I am assuming 601 and 603 are the exact same.

One last comment, is that the transistor Q604 I ended up removing, and here are the readings I get on the board with it out of circuit.
          red lead on G black on S I get 0.704V any other combination I get OL no matter what. This is all on diode mode by the way. Not sure what that tells us.

Thank you once again for all the help.

Comment

this should look familiar

http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet...L-1398603.html

optos are by NEC and part number is on the chip

you have 0.7 at the pads because you have a diod across it( the tiny smd 12v zener)

Comment

Perfect, thank you for that info.
              I am assuming that for the other IC's the differences in names is not going to actually be a difference in their performance?

So you guys didn't replace the transistor at Q604, I am assuming it will be ok for me to not replace it as well correct?

Comment

Ok so here is a quick recap of what I have replaced so far, and I also want to point out that every single one of these was tested out of circuit and was faulty except for one of the IC's and one of the surface mount transistors, because I wasn't 100 percent sure how to test them but honestly I think that they were not needed to be replaced.

Q441 45G127
                Q423 30G123
                Q422 30G123
                Q421 30G123
                Q401 2PG011
                Q402 2PG011
                Q601 RJK6026
                Q622 RJP3034
                Q621 RJP3034
                Q661 RJP3034

D618 8896
                D865 8896

Q551 CPH5524
                IC464 TC75H14F
                IC465 TC75H14F

these last 2 are the ones I don't think needed to be replaced.
                Q818 25K3018
                IC561 T541A

I checked a lot of the other parts and all were good, so I didn't replace them such as:

IC771
                IC724
                IC725
                IC564
                IC521
                Q876
                Q647
                IC691
                Q701
                Q702
                D808

Also my board is the AB version, I don't know if that makes much of a difference. I am going to recheck the resistors right now before plugging it in, but is there anything else I should check just in case before?
                Also I did not replace the IC521 because it looked fine. But if it turns out that the IC is bad, could it damage stuff on the rest of the board or will it just not turn on? If it might damage some of the stuff I replaced then I definitely would replace it, if not I would rather test it first and then replace it if it turns out the board won't power on.

Comment

Board got plugged in, I made sure to take the buffers out first, and I didn't even do the bypass, I wanted to see what the blinking code would have been with just the SC board plugged in as is. I heard not a pop, but a loud click almost, and i got a lot of shorts on the transistors I replaced. Will post back with damage report later today for general info and hopefully I will find what caused everything to go bad again. And a last update, but I decided to replace the IC 521 just in case as well. and IC 773.

Comment

Did you put a RJP3034 in for Q661?? Q701,702 i would have just replaced, they don't always fail shorted.

Comment

I did not do Q701 nor Q702, they tested ok. I should probably have done those as well.
                      I also realized I had a couple resistors that were bad that I didn't replace. At least they were bad after I tested the board so I am not 100% sure. I also realized I had some bad solder joints on one of the IC chips. I need to order more stuff before I can do anything else. But a lot of the large transistors on the heat sinks need to be replaced again, and a couple of the surface mounted diodes need to be replaced as well.
                      I am going to start again from scratch and just reorder everything and redo it all and go over board on the replacing aka I am replacing everything ha.
                      Will update once the parts get in and hopefully have the board running.

Comment

it's a hard gig , there's only so much I can do to help I'm afraid and only done 2 so that's not a lot of experience. hope you crack it

Comment

A little update. I did 2 AF versions but but one had the Vset cct removed which was a successful repair. The other had that cct, and it kinda works but not quite. has maldischarge and a lot of after image.

Did a little bit of reading and focussed on the Vset cct. Found Q874 was shorted next to the IPD, replaced and still not right, replaced also q882, still the same.

Thinking maybe the MIP390 is damaged honestly not sure. It's one of those boards I'll chip at every now and again, somewhat frustrated being this close. tempted to modify it to match the other board .

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                            A little update. I did 2 AF versions but but one had the Vset cct removed which was a successful repair. The other had that cct, and it kinda works but not quite. has maldischarge and a lot of after image.

Did a little bit of reading and focussed on the Vset cct. Found Q874 was shorted next to the IPD, replaced and still not right, replaced also q882, still the same.

Thinking maybe the MIP390 is damaged honestly not sure. It's one of those boards I'll chip at every now and again, somewhat frustrated being this close. tempted to modify it to match the other board .
                            disregard, did not fix and was not shorted. case of probes too close. bummer

Comment

Hello! tell me please, do the repair of the motherboard tnpa4782ab changed all the FET and drivers for them, replaced a lot of things as there is a donor board but! what's the problem, when I turn on the board it starts up and immediately turns off blinking 6 times. Voltage measurement between GND and MID 45v! the remaining voltage is normal! what to do next and do not know,
                              I ask for help! Sorry for English! I am writing through an interpreter from Russia

Comment

iff you are interested,i have a brand new tnpa4782ab!

Comment

I've just been working on a TNPA4782 from a 46" set.

Based on the lists from this thread and others and what was shorted, burned, tested bad or I just wasn't sure about I've replaced:

Q441 45G127
                                  Q451 45G127
                                  Q601 RJK6026
                                  Q660 RJK6026
                                  Q661 RJP6065

Q551 CPH5524
                                  Q604 2SJ281
                                  Q701 MMBTA92
                                  Q702 2PD601
                                  Q818 2SK3018

IC464 TC7SH14F
                                  IC465 TC7SH14F
                                  IC773 TC7SH14F
                                  IC521 M81707FP
                                  IC691 TC7SH00FU

D608 MA8120M (MAZ81200ML)
                                  D618 RF101L4S
                                  D702 MA2J11100L

R521, R522 100R 0.25W
                                  R551 10R 0.25W
                                  R606 10K 0.25W
                                  R711 4.7K 1/10W

The other usual suspects seem to test fine. IC561 and 562 have no shorts or low ohms.

I probably won't get to fire it up for a day or two so please do chip in with any thoughts. I've still got another 4782 on the back burner which I posted in a different thread and I'm hoping if I can get this one going it will help me finally crack that one!

Comment

So I just installed it and switched on. Thankfully nothing exploded but it's still giving 7 blinks. Changed IC561 and 562 and no change. Still 7 blinks. Nothing new seems to have shorted. What have I missed?

Comment

Found IC771 shorted. Sure I checked it before. Replaced. Now get a brief glow of the led on board and six blinks. Have to come back to it later.

Comment

MID voltage only gets to 10V, hence SOS6.

Comment

Originally posted by tn245 View Post
                                          MID voltage only gets to 10V, hence SOS6.
                                          I've given up trying to master these but be careful you can kill the buffer boards with the SC. I've done that twice now maybe when I start risky stuff like isolating SOS ccts

Comment

Working...
                                          X