Panasonic Plasma TC-P50GT30 7 blinks SC board shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic Plasma TC-P50GT30 7 blinks SC board shorted

Panasonic 3D Plasma TV 2011 model TC-P50GT30 7 blinks, open the back cover and found Q422 (RJP30H2A) was blew. Took it out, the Power connector was still shorted.
    Check another two RJP30H2 shorted two. I took them out, and still found 3 MOSFETs shorted (30F131).
    Looks like this is a common issue for 2011 Panasonic Plasma TVs.
    I ordered the parts on ebay, hope to replace all 6 parts can fix the problem, though still not know if there are some other damages yet. I'll update once I get the parts.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic Plasma TC-P50GT30 7 blinks SC board shorted

7 blinks: after repairing SC, isolate SU and SD and place jumper across SC50. If set still shuts off with 7 blinks, you have additional faults on SC. Do NOT connect the buffer boards as you may destroy them. You also need to test buffer board resistance -- for that tw2005's your man.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you for your advices TOM66 and tw2005, I'll follow the instructions once I get the transistors.

Comment

I need help also on my P50S30..replaced sc board..got full picture and sound but ribbon cables were not making good contact with su/sd boards on a couple connectors..tried to reseat one and set shut off and went to 7 blinks.. now have su/sd isolated, jumper on sc50 and i get sound and set lights up..once i connect either buffer, 7 blinks...freshman here so please be gentle

Comment

Hi Sevengi - Going through the same issue. All 6 are shorted in my case also but I also found another 5-6 on the upper right hand PCB (I think its SS? i havnt quite memorized the board locations) anyways this is the exact same model as mine.

The top right had board had 80 ohms across the same IGBT components (in my case anyway) but best to check yours so the new bits can be ordered if need be

Comment

Update:
            Received the parts today, replaced the 6 transistors (3 RJP30H2A, 3 30F131), TV works great now.

Steps:
            1. Replaced the bad 6 transistors with the new one.
            2. Install the board back to TV, but NOT connect to the buffer boards (SD/SU) (I even disconnected the grounds, no physically touch between the SC and the two buffer boards).
            3. Shorted the SC50 (I used an old IDE hard drive jumper)
            4. Plug and Turned on the TV, it powered up constantly, no blinks any more, TV response to the remote control.
            5. Unplug the power cord from the wall, wait for 5 minutes.
            6. Connected the SC board with the SU/SD board firmly (connectors and grounds).
            7. Plug and turned on the power supply, TV lite up ! Everything works !

Comment

Originally posted by Sevenqi View Post
              Update:
              Received the parts today, replaced the 6 transistors (3 RJP30H2A, 3 30F131), TV works great now.

Steps:
              2. Install the board back to TV, but NOT connect to the buffer boards (SD/SU) (I even disconnected the grounds, no physically touch between the SC and the two buffer boards).
              4. Plug and Turned on the TV, it powered up constantly, no blinks any more, TV response to the remote control.
              It's interesting on this board just the IGBTs being replaced gets it going, which is a good thing. sure makes for a cheap and easy repair.

I think I mentioned this in another post but a guy over here found with a similar board , I think it had 6 30F131 but out of cct only half were shorted and they were paired, so he fired it up with 3 and it worked, his repair cost was 3 30f131.

Either way , sure beats trying to find all the tiny smd stuff that failed on my 2010 FHD boards.

it'll be interesting to see how others go with just replacing IGBTs.

Good to see people having a crack at it and having a win

Comment

Hello Sevenqy i do have the same problem with my TC-50s30 plasma tv , there is any way to test the sd su and sc,to know which one it is faulty ,i Shorted the SC50 , how to know if it is the sd or su board.

Best regards

Originally posted by Sevenqi View Post
                Update:

Steps:

Comment

Originally posted by alainll23 View Post
                  Hello Sevenqy i do have the same problem with my TC-50s30 plasma tv , there is any way to test the sd su and sc,to know which one it is faulty ,i Shorted the SC50 , how to know if it is the sd or su board.

Best regards
                  If you look a little, not very far in badcaps there is currently another 7 blinker S30 we're discussing. TC-50s30 .

might find some ideas there. As for the SC50, disconnect, the 3 white connectors from the SC to the SD/SU. remove the 4 earth screws at the buffer boards. Jumper SC50.

Turn the TV on and confirm it starts normally, no blinks and also if you view the TV from the rear on both the sustain boards there should also be an onboard green LED lit. This will confirm both boths are good and running.

As for SD/SU, I prefer to resistance check them. That info is in the other post, I won't link it because it's still on page 1.

There is a 2011 guide for the St30 which could be used to isolate which buffer but I don't like the idea of powering up a bad buffer using the bypass in case the SC pops as a result.

I don't know the exact resistance on this set but the values I've posted are for my 2010 FHD S20/G20 series.

One this is for certain, low resistance is bad. The other post one board so far is showing 9 ohm and 55ohms so that's a goner. The other he could not replicate my value but are high enough so at least they'll do no damage if we're wrong about them.
                  Last edited by tw2005; 02-28-2014, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Panasonic Plasma TC-P55GT30

Just got my SC board TNPA5335 back from an ebay repair and a total 6 mosfets 30F131 appear to be new solder.

I know it's my board because I labeled it in sharpie.

Plugged in the board and the tv started up.

Cost me $7.00 shipping from my side to him.
                    Than the ebay price was a Total cost $80 repair and shipping included in cost from him.

Grand total = $87.00
                    Last edited by rrg123; 03-13-2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

rrg123, what was the name of the guy you used?

Comment

Sevenqi, I'm a new tech trying to learn & I have this TV with the 7 blinks. Removed the SC card & i wanted to test these MOSFET or are they IGBT's that you said were usually the culprit. I can't find a datasheet on them and not real sure how to test them. Are the 30F131 N channel or P. Are the pins 1.Gate 2.Collector or Drain 3. Emitter or Source 4. Collector or Flange?
                        The datasheet I found on the RJP's was a RJP30H2DPK-MO is that the same as the
                        RJP30H2A
                        Glad I found this forum hope to increase my skills. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

They're IGBTs, insulated, gate, bi-polar transistor.

Generally you will find they will simply go short so no 2 pins should show short.

They will be 1.gate,2. collector, 3. emitter. viewed normally and the tab is collector or center pin.

There are repairs kits out there since this is a very common fault.

http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-t...tc-p50gt30.htm

Comment

The first step is to measure if the power pins short or not (the two pins from power supply, white color), if shorted, then most probably the MOSFETs were shorted.
                            If not shorted, measure others on the board the way as tw2005 mentioned.
                            If no shorts in the SC board, then isolate the SU/SD board, and jumped the SC50, turn the TV on to see if it blinks. If no blinks, the power stay, then this may be the SU/SD board issues, or even panel problem.
                            30F131 is very common N channel, tw2005 gave enough info. I bought 10 pcs from China cost only a few bucks.

Comment

Found 3-RPJ's & 1-30f131 bad. Measured 36K on SC2 after lifting the legs on the bad comps. Going to order parts and go from there. Thanks tw2005 & 7qi! I really appreciate your willingness to help.

Comment

To sum up the SC board test . When testing the SC board the Vsus power plug and the flat ribbon cabe are connected. If the SC is dead shorted, the PS shuts down and you get no light, if partial short you get the 7 blinking lights. Once you have a SC repaired without a short across the Ysus pins the P.S. powers up and stays on. I just wanted to be sure about all the details. Am I correct?

Comment

After an unsuccessful attempt to fix 7 blinks by changing out the 6 transitors on my SC board (some of the new ones shorted too) I sent my SC board out for repair. I intended to isolate the SD and SU boards as described in this forum when it comes back to be sure the repaired SC board is good. But how to I determine if the SD and SU boards are bad. I saw a reference to some resistance tests but the values were not for my model (tcp50gt30). Does anyone have SU41 and SU42 values for a tcp50gt30 to post? I don't want something "else" taking out the repaired SC board once it comes back.

Mike

Comment

Changed out the six transitors on sc board.worked great....20 days later POW! Back to 7 blinking lights.am I missing something?

Comment

Hi guys I'm new to this forum but have been reading all the posts from various threads. My problem is the TV had 7 blinks and I replaced 3 RJP30H2A and 3 30F131 transistors. No more short, plugged the board back and got a loud pop noise and again 7 blinks.

Ordered another set of transistor thinking original might be bad, after replacing the shorted transistors I checked power to SC board before plugging the board itself and got around 200V. Plugged the connector to SC board but no white ribbon cable, TV powered, still got 7 blinks, turned tv off and plugged the white ribbon cable back to sc board. And again got loud pop sound from board and found all six transistors shorted one more time.

I even checked SD and SU board for short but couldn't find any bad component. Any help would be really appreciated

Comment

The driver chips and transistors will also have shorted--Killing the new parts.

I use a 100W inky bulb, 240V in series with the Vs supply in an attempt to prevent failure of the new parts when checking for failed driver chips and transistors...
                                        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Working...
                                        X