Make: Digihome
    Model: 50292UHDDLEDCNTD
    Power supply: Vestel 17IPS72
    Main board: Vestel 17MB130P
    Chassis: VES500QNDC-2D-N11

The problem is this, when I plug the tv in:
    - standby light start flashing/blinking regularly
    - the backlight comes on
    - no picture, logo, pixel will come on the screen, pure black with backlight
    - the standby light will flash 27 times and the tv will restart

No obvious bad capacitors. No shorted diodes. Checked all transistors in secondary and nothing seem shorted. All checks done in circuit, without removing the components.

I have disconnected the backlight, no change.

I have disconnected the main board from the power supply and checked some voltages but without knowing how much to expect on each rail, it's hard to know if the power supply is running well.

There is a rail with 1.6V, few rails 11.6V and another one 23.2V.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I'm a hobbyist, not a pro.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Tv Digihome 50292UHDDLEDCNTD restarts and blinking standby light

There might be a problem with the firmware.

Comment

It does seem to be the main board, I've just replaced the power supply board and it's doing the same.

I've also tried the freezing trick and no luck either.

Do you know if I can re-flash it via USB? And where I can get the firmware?

The remote control does not seem to work, perhaps because it doesn't boot?
      Last edited by geo86; 02-16-2020, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Do you know the procedure?
        https://files.fm/u/2w8umhmj

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
          Do you know the procedure?
          https://files.fm/u/2w8umhmj
          Thank you so much!

I have seen some tutorials for Vestel on Internet (perhaps right on this forum?) but I would appreciate if you could echo them in this thread.

Much appreciated!

Comment

1. Stick formatted FAT32 (max. 4Gb)
            2. Unzip and put the 4 files on the stick
            3. Stick to tv
            4. Press and hold the OK key on the remote control (remote control aimed at the infrared receiver on the TV)
            5. Tv in socket (220v)
            6. The stb LED blinks rarely then quickly. When it blinks quickly release the OK key.
            6. Update can take up to 10 minutes.
            7. When the TV is finished it can be restarted on its own or the stb LED does not blink.
            Last edited by yokoono; 02-16-2020, 10:41 AM.

Comment

This is how it went so far.

Followed all the steps EXCEPT the stb LED blinked normally all along. All of a sudden the blue software upgrade screen appeared and I've released the OK button.

The upgrade finished, TV restarted on its own, a TOSHIBA screen appeared and then a first installation screen appeared where I have to select the language.

The problem is the remote does not seem to work. I've pressed every button on it and nothing happens. The batteries are OK but I am not sure about the remote itself because I have bought this tv off eBay as broken.
              However, the tv has no buttons except a little wheel at the back which goes UP/DOWN and OK. That doesn't work either.

But because I see TOSHIBA screen I believe it might not be the correct firmware. My board has also a P so it's 17MB130P, not sure how important is this P.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by geo86; 02-16-2020, 11:32 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hmm, maybe program a universal remote to toshiba tv and see if tv responds to it??

Comment

If you changed the firmware from Digihome to Toshiba you will now need a Toshiba remote to operate the tv. Unless there is a way to change the manufacturer in the software some how.
                  Last edited by R_J; 02-16-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Nope you dont need to change the remote. Digihome and Toshiba can be operated with the same remote. Check if there is something wrong with the ir board or with the remote control.

Comment

But how about the tv buttons (little multifunctional wheel at the back)?
                      Should it not be working at this stage at least to select a different language on the screen?
                      Or is it too early because the tv is not set up?

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                        Nope you dont need to change the remote. Digihome and Toshiba can be operated with the same remote. Check if there is something wrong with the ir board or with the remote control.
                        I've just tested the remote with the phone camera and it seems to work, purple light comes through.

I've also tested the IR receiver on the tv. It has 4 pins.
                        Pin 1 and 4 are GND.
                        Pin 2 gets constant 4.87V.
                        Pin 3 has 4.67V but drops to 4.12V when a button is pressed on the remote.

I still believe the firmware is not quite correct for this TV, the trouble is I cannot find any other firmware that could work on this TV.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by geo86; 02-17-2020, 01:33 PM. Reason: Attached photo

Comment

"I have bought this tv off eBay as broken."
                          Maybe this was the initial defect and the motherboard has a hardware problem not software. If the remote control does not work, the only chance to solve it is to rewrite the SPI memory (s) (FLASH) with the programmer. Unfortunately, I do not have BIN content.

Comment

Originally posted by geo86 View Post
                            I still believe the firmware is not quite correct for this TV, the trouble is I cannot find any other firmware that could work on this TV.
                            I have never seen a vestel firmware with that loading screen. Usually there is no loading screen at all. What is the filename of the firmware that you used?

Comment

Originally posted by ducky29 View Post
                              I have never seen a vestel firmware with that loading screen. Usually there is no loading screen at all. What is the filename of the firmware that you used?
                              It's the one from yokoono, please scroll up, it's the 4th post on this thread.

Initially, the screen was black and then this screen popped up, it was about 50% when the blue screen came up.

Have you got anything else to try before I commit to a new board?

Comment

If the OK key on the remote control is not functional, you cannot update the stick. If the OK key is functional you have a software here But I don't know if it will fit the panel.
                                https://files.fm/u/qh8skpyu

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                                  If the OK key on the remote control is not functional, you cannot update the stick. If the OK key is functional you have a software here But I don't know if it will fit the panel.
                                  https://files.fm/u/qh8skpyu
                                  But the how did I manage to upgrade with the previous firmware you gave me?
                                  Either the firmware auto-lunched or the OK key worked before upgrade in which case we can conclude that the firmware is incorrect.

I'll try this file tonight when I get home and post results.

Thank you all for help!

Comment

The software used is the only one I have. There may be larger differences between 17MB130 and 17MB130P. I don't know if the software for 17MB130 is the same as the software for 17MB130P.

Comment

Originally posted by geo86 View Post
                                      It's the one from yokoono, please scroll up, it's the 4th post on this thread.

Initially, the screen was black and then this screen popped up, it was about 50% when the blue screen came up.

Have you got anything else to try before I commit to a new board?
                                      Pm your email. Ill send the exact firmware for this tv.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Working...
                                        X