Marantz SR7007 No Audio or Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marantz SR7007 No Audio or Video

Well, the good news is that you have the correct voltage values. The bad news is that this means that something else is faulty, and most likely something which is much harder to fix.
    If you have an oscilloscope you can try probing the voltage rails for ripples.

Try heating up the ADV8003 ( and its ram modules ) with a bulb to see if this will "fix" it. There are many youtube videos about this method... usually about onkyos and their dts/dsp IC.
    If this works, then probably you can permanently fix the unit by resoldering ( reballing ) the ADV.

By the way, were you able to get an answer from marantz about available spare board?
    I'm pretty sure that this unit will take boards and from other, newer and older marantz and denon models.. indeed all the smart parts are on that board, the rest of the unit is just power amp, power supply, input/output connectors and analog audio volume/switching.
    Last edited by madan1; 02-07-2020, 07:32 AM.

Comment

Yeah I don't have an oscilloscope. The first time I contacted Marantz they referred me to the parts reseller encompass, I have not heard back yet from the second time I've contacted them. I don't hold out much hope for being able to get a spare board from them.

I believe my brother has a Marantz receiver from around the same time that has also failed ...maybe I could borrow' a HDMI board off of him if they are interchangeable.

Thank you for all of your help troubleshooting this issue. I have an older Yamaha RX V775 I got from Costco for $300 years ago that does everything the Marantz did that I'm using now...I'll probably just stick with that one.

Comment

Won't cost anything to put a lamp on it. Check here at about 3:50 in to see how easy it is to test the theory you might have a bad connection below the chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeboYI2qzhE

Comment

Originally posted by mmartell View Post
          Won't cost anything to put a lamp on it. Check here at about 3:50 in to see how easy it is to test the theory you might have a bad connection below the chip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeboYI2qzhE
          Nice! That would be worth a try, I'll have to see where I can get halogen lamp, I don't think I have one

Comment

Working...
          X