magnavox 32mf231d/37 no power backlights flicker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: magnavox 32mf231d/37 no power backlights flicker

i dont think its an iverter issue becasue even if it was the tv should power on but just have no backlight...you would be able to see image using flashlight......but who know nowadays

but mine does not power on at all other than backlights coming on and flickering .....very weird....when things are weird usually means main board........lol

Comment

whats did you pay for your mainbaord

part# 313815866721 is my board

Comment

yes thats the same part number for my board

Comment

thats all it was, was the main board. no more flickering of the backlight, turns on runs smooth. got my 12V at that fuse for my audio. all set to go SOLVED!

Comment

HI FOOTBALL

fyi....it is not a power supply issue...which i didnt think it was but i boiught one just to make sure ...got a power supply today and tv doing same thing....i checked voltages and i get same readings as my orig power supply i do get 16 and 24v

so im thinking its main board issue

let me know status of yours

my main board should be delivered by sat or mon

Comment

oh i didnt read your post........awesome....im glad yours works now

how much did youy pay for your main board?

that makes me feel better because im confident the main board will fix my tv since our tvs had some issues

Comment

$53
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/121366865352...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

theres more around same price too. search by model, and by part number, found the better deal by part number in this case, but changes day to day depending how they post it

Comment

i got my main board in mail yesterday will unsyall today..got it for 34.00 shipped on ebay...

Comment

yee ha...just gotmain board installe4d it and tv powers on with pic...havent done nay tests yet...but seems to work now....im at work just got a job so will have to get back later

Comment

fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see photo

thanks for everyone who helped

it was a main board issue....not power supply
                      Attached Files

Comment

tv has been on for 3 hrs and still working fine...i believe its fixed....only cost $35.00 for a main board

got the tv for free......

thank you

Comment

hi i have a general off subject question
                          maybe you can help me

i have another lcd tv that has a 2 inch wide vertical stripe distortion on the right side of screen..............its there if im on any video input and also antenna input...but whats odd is if i hit menu and the onscreen menu appears the vertical stripe goes away and the on screen menu is perfect no distortion at all....the onscreen menu is the screen goes background all blue and has white lettering...and it looks perfectly fine...

would this be a lcd panel issue or video board issue?.....my first guess would be its a video board issue because to me if it was the lcd panel wouldnt the onscreen menu also show the vertical distorted area????

Comment

I'm on the trail of finding out why so many of the main PC boards on these TV sets fail.

Quite often the 24V to 12V regulator IC at location 7003 will be burned, cracked, or have a small hole near pin 7. The part # for this IC is L5973D. This IC is on the back side of PC board. To see it you must remove the PC board from the TV set.

I suspect that the L5973D fails because capacitor 2002 (100uF 25V) has high ESR. This cap is mounted on the front side of the PC board. It filters the 24V rail input to the L5973D IC. Perhaps the IC gets into an unstable state during power-up if the input capacitor has excessive ESR?

In the case of my TV set, the initial problem was that the TV was totally dead. This was a result of several bulged/leaking/failed capacitors on the power supply board. I replaced those. But when I first powered-up the TV after recapping the power supply PC board, the L5973D on the main board smoked!

Unfortunately it's quite difficult to remove the failed L5973D without damaging the PC board. That makes it twice as important to make sure that the replacement L5973D survives!

At the moment I'm testing a couple of main boards that I repaired by replacing both the L5973D (marked 7003 on PC board) and the 100uF 25V cap (marked 2002 on PC board).

If this works I'll post complete instructions along with photos

Wish me luck!

Comment

it

Comment

Good news!

I have 2 main boards that are working perfectly after replacing the L5973D (PC board location 7003) AND capacitor 2002 (100uF/25V).

This confirms L5973D fails because capacitor 2002 has excessively high ESR (or is totally open circuit).

Details will follow

-EB

Comment

Anyone ever solve the CCFL/EEFL flicker with these Mag/Phil panels?

Comment

yes mine was mainboard issue...it seems electro solved the faulty component....awesome......i got a main for only 35 shipped so i bought one

Comment

Update:

Replacing capacitor 2002 (100uf/25V) IS the solution to the fried voltage regulator IC 7003 (L5973D).

I've been using the repaired TV set for a full week. It is continuing to work perfectly!

-EB

Comment

Working...
                                      X