Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D-Link DES-1016D not working

It has a 3.3V power supply.

There was a bulged Teapo 1000uF 10V and 1 22uF 50V Teapo that had a little higher esr than normal. I replaced them with 22uF 50V Rubycon YXF and 1500uF 6.3V Nippon-Chemicon KZE (this is the closest grade cap I had in stock).

The power supply is working, but when it is connected with the controller board it refuses to start. The same happens with any computer power supply that I connected. They act like shorted.

So there must be a problem with the hub controller... Is it fixable? Looking it I can't see many parts that can be tested with a multimeter and changed if they are found bad....
    Attached Files

Re: D-Link DES-1016D not working

The RTL8316 is 3.3v only. The RTL8208 is 3.3v and 2.5v. 2.5v is controlled by the RTL8208 and requires a PNP transistor which must be Q1 and Q2. Each base should connect to pin 116 of a RTL8208. I don't know if any of that will help.

I'd just hook a bench supply up and slowly turn the voltage up to 3.3v until something heats up. If there's a short then 5A will be drawn at about 0.3v and one of the chips will heat up.
    sig files are for morons

Comment

I tested Q1, Q2 and U3 but none was found shorted or open. The only solution now could be the bench supply... but I don't have one.

But even if I had I don't know how easy it would be to change one of the RTL ICs or the others.

Anyway thank you for your help!

Comment

I usually don't change those big chips even though I can. I just like to be certain where the problem is so I can quit fussing with it.
        sig files are for morons

Comment

Have you checked those diodes especially the one closest to the power conection? Its usually there to shunt overvoltage to ground but can short circuit to ground.

Comment

They have no white bar or any rating. I don't think they are diodes...

Comment

hello guys i have proplem at this switch
              can anyone help me please on board powersupply mov1 i dont know this

Comment

Working...
              X