Mac Pro Early 2009 A1289 PSU 614-0454 bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Pro Early 2009 A1289 PSU 614-0454 bad

Hello, good afternoon. I tell you what I have ....
    I purchased a Mac Pro A1289. The team has some LEDs Test. When I plug in a moment the first two come on and then go off.
    If I plug while squeezed power, the LEDs remain lit, but only the first two. The third, which is PSUPWROK, not light.
    From this, I conclude that the PSU is bad (if not, please correct me).
    Now the first problem I have is that there is no human way to find the schema of this team .....
    Then, there is no human form that appears around a pin out of the PSU, nor how to make it start ...

Because of this, I have taken measurements in the connector, but if I have to compare them with, is useless.

What I ask, is first, if anyone has experience with this equipment, confirming me that failure is the PSU.

Second, if someone has a good PSU 614-0454 and would be so kind as to remove it from the computer, plug it in, and take measurements on the connector, you would appreciate ...

I'll upload a photo of measurements that I have taken, and by the way, and stay here embodied, for the future, if anyone needs them, it saves a little ordeal .... (The photos, upload the dropbox, to have full resolution, and you can see well, because my handwriting is a bit frightening. There is also a picture of the front view pin. The pin 1 corresponds with which it has a mark on the plug from the PSU)

Well, it is very simple, but there is no info .... I mean, it's complicated ... hehehe.

Regards, and thanks.

Pd .: I put the original text in Spanish, for those who want to translate it differently.

Link

"Hola, buenas tardes. Os cuento lo que tengo....
    He adquirido un Mac Pro A1289. El equipo, tiene unos leds de Test. Cuando lo enchufo, se encienden un momento los dos primeros y luego se apagan.
    Si lo enchufo mientras apreto power, los leds se mantienen encendidos, pero solo los dos primeros. El tercero, que es PSUPWROK, no se enciende.
    De esto, deduzco que está mal la PSU ( si no es así, por favor, corregirme ).
    Ahora bien, el primer problema que tengo, es que no hay forma humana de encontrar el esquema de este equipo.....
    Luego, tampoco hay forma humana de que aparezca por ahí algún pin out de la PSU, ni tampoco la forma de hacerla arrancar...

Debido a ello, he tomado mediciones en el conector, pero si no tengo con qué compararlas, no sirve de nada.

Lo que os pido, es primero, si alguien tiene experiencia en estos equipos, que me confirme que el fallo, es la PSU.

Segundo, si alguien tiene una PSU 614-0454 buena, y sería tan amable de quitarla del equipo, enchufarla, y tomar mediciones en el conector, se lo agradecería...

Voy a subir una foto de las mediciones que he tomado, así de paso, ya quedan aquí plasmadas, para un futuro, si alguien las necesita, se ahorra un poco de calvario....(Las fotos, las subo en el dropbox, para que tengan toda la resolución, y se pueda ver bien, ya que mi letra es un poco espantosa. También hay un dibujo de la clavija vista de frente. El pin 1 corresponde con el que tiene una marca en la clavija de la PSU)

Bueno, pues es muy simple, pero no hay nada de info....osea, que es complicado...jijiji.

Un saludo, y gracias.

Pd.: Pongo el texto original en Español, para el que quiera traducirlo de otra manera."

Link

Re: Mac Pro Early 2009 A1289 PSU 614-0454 bad

hola amigo juaquin queri preguntarte sobre como solucionaste el problema con la fuente de alimantacion imac modelo ADP-200DF B TE AGRADECERIA MUCHO TU AYUDA,
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 07-02-2016, 08:40 AM. Reason: removed e-mail and FB address

Comment

This is an English forum, please write your message also in English.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
        This is an English forum, please write your message also in English.
        I think that person is answering the original person who asked the question. The original person is joaquinmjuan who asked in both English and Spanish and soublek13 answered in Spanish and most likely he does not speak English. I do not know if this is possible Per Hansson, is there anyway a software translator could interpret a language into a English Language and also keep the other Language so people who may not speak English can be a part of the conversation?

Comment

I know that a year has passed, but some might be interested...

Google translate sees soublek13's reply as follows:

"Hello friend juaquin wanted to ask you about how you solved the problem with the source of imac modeling ADP-200DF B YOU WOULD THANK A LOT OF YOUR HELP,"

Comment

Originally posted by Helikeon View Post
            I know that a year has passed, but some might be interested...

Google translate sees soublek13's reply as follows:

"Hello friend juaquin wanted to ask you about how you solved the problem with the source of imac modeling ADP-200DF B YOU WOULD THANK A LOT OF YOUR HELP,"
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by joaquinmjuan View Post
              Hello, good afternoon. I tell you what I have ....
              I purchased a Mac Pro A1289. The team has some LEDs Test. When I plug in a moment the first two come on and then go off.
              If I plug while squeezed power, the LEDs remain lit, but only the first two. The third, which is PSUPWROK, not light.
              From this, I conclude that the PSU is bad (if not, please correct me).
              Now the first problem I have is that there is no human way to find the schema of this team .....
              Then, there is no human form that appears around a pin out of the PSU, nor how to make it start ...

Because of this, I have taken measurements in the connector, but if I have to compare them with, is useless.

What I ask, is first, if anyone has experience with this equipment, confirming me that failure is the PSU.

Second, if someone has a good PSU 614-0454 and would be so kind as to remove it from the computer, plug it in, and take measurements on the connector, you would appreciate ...

I'll upload a photo of measurements that I have taken, and by the way, and stay here embodied, for the future, if anyone needs them, it saves a little ordeal .... (The photos, upload the dropbox, to have full resolution, and you can see well, because my handwriting is a bit frightening. There is also a picture of the front view pin. The pin 1 corresponds with which it has a mark on the plug from the PSU)

Well, it is very simple, but there is no info .... I mean, it's complicated ... hehehe.

Regards, and thanks.

Hi joaquinmjuan, Did you have any luck repairing or replacing this PSU?

It would be really helpful for the community if you could measure the voltages on the pins of the repaired or replaced PSU.

Pins 4, 9, 10 & 14. Can you explain more about these. Thanks.

This maybe helpful> https://eastbay-rc.blogspot.com/2015...09804113787927

Thank you
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X