Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp LC-60LE810UN Lamp Error

Hi all,

I have this Sharp LC-60LE810UN that stays off and blinks a Lamp Error (1 long flash followed by a short flash, in a loop).

I already confirmed that the first backlight strip has an open LED using a LED strip tester. The other 3 LED strips are fine.

Before tearing the LCD panel apart, I want to make sure that the rest of the TV set is good. I've tested the power-supply/LED inverter board by sending 5 volt to PS-ON, to PNL-POW (that commands power the T-CON board only), OFL and STB pins. The power-supply is good.

I've tried all the key combinaisons I've found in the forums and in the service/training manuals to bypass the Lamp Error mode and nothing works. The TV sets just continue to flash the Lamp Error code.

Here are the voltage measurements on the power supply board at the connectors going to the main board:

PD:
    1-2: UR13.2V(Signal) : 0 volt
    3-4: S13.2V(Signal) : 0 volt
    5-6: GND(Audio) : 0 volt
    7-8: GND(Signal) : 0 volt
    9: AC-DET : 0 volt
    10: PS-ON : 0 volt
    11: BU5V : 5 volt
    12: PNL-POW : 0 volt

LB:
    1, 4, 5, 9: NC : 0 volt
    2: Dimmer : 0 volt
    3: GND : 0 volt
    6: ERROR : 0 volt
    7: OFL : 0 volt
    8: STB : 0 volt

I used a DSO scope in single trigger mode and I can assure you that all the pins on the two connectors stay at 0 volt no mater what I do on the TV (disconnect then reconnect the AC cord, press all the key combinaisons both without and with the AC cord disconnect). Only BU5V has 5 volt.

Even if the defective LED strip is not repaired, you must admit that the TV set must at some time power on, even for a split second, to test the LED strips. It has no choice, it is impossible for it to detect a repaired LED strip without sending it power.

At some time I doubt about the capacitive touch keys at the front of the TV set. Using my scope I monitored the I2C communication pins (SCL and SDA) and each button has generated a signal at the main board.

I'm kind of lost on that one. I've read all the forums on the Lamp Error for the LC-40LE810UN, the LC-46LE810UN, the LC-52LE810UN and the LC-60LE810UN TV sets (even those on the 820 models) and nothing helped me to power on the TV set and get to the service menu to reset the Lamp Error counter.

I hope someone will be able to help me. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp LC-60LE810UN Lamp Error

Anyone with an eeprom dump for the KF452 main board? I think this will be the only solution to get out of the Lamp Error mode.

Comment

Have you replaced the LED strip ?

Comment

Not yet. As I said I want to make sure the TV will power on first.

I did put a DSO scope in single trigger mode on the PS-ON, PNL-POW, OFL and STB terminals and the main board never tried to power on the power supply/backlight.

It is impossible for it to detect the eventually repaired LED strip if it never power it on first. If I can get the main board to turn on the power supply even for a split second then I'll invest money and time to fix the defective LED strip.

Comment

It won't until you replace the strip. The TV turns on, detects a lamp error and puts out the error signal.

Comment

The ERROR terminal stays at 0 volt all the time since the power supply is never turned on, not even a millisecond. So the main board is unable to know the actual condition of the LED strips if it doesn't try to test them. The main board doesn't have a crystal ball.

Comment

This one is fixed. Even after repairing the backlight LED strips (it had one open LED that I simply bypassed), the set would not turn on. It was keeping flashing its lamp error code.

As I said, the TV does not even try to turn the backlight on. I proved that with a scope with a single shot trigger. So it is impossible for it to detect the repaired backlight. None of the lamp error reset procedure worked.

Even if the service manual doesn't include a complete schematic, it at least includes a block diagram. On the block diagram we can see that the lamp error is handled by a microcontroller at position IC2002.

This microcontroller has an EEPROM attached to it (IC2004). This EEPROM is marked 402m 40b2 and is in fact a 24c02 compatible I2C EEPROM. The Sharp part number is VHiR24002AS-1Y and is a Renesas R1EX24002ASAS0A 256 bytes EEPROM.

I removed the IC2004 EEPROM from the board and I erased it using my TL866II-Plus programmer. I then put it back on the main board. Bingo, the set powers on on the first try.

So, if you have a lamp error that you cannot clear after the repair, just erase the IC2004 EEPROM located under the main board. If you don't have an EEPROM programmer, just buy a blank R1EX24002ASAS0A and install it on the main board.

Comment

Originally posted by Yanleb View Post
                This one is fixed. Even after repairing the backlight LED strips (it had one open LED that I simply bypassed), the set would not turn on. It was keeping flashing its lamp error code.

As I said, the TV does not even try to turn the backlight on. I proved that with a scope with a single shot trigger. So it is impossible for it to detect the repaired backlight. None of the lamp error reset procedure worked.

Even if the service manual doesn't include a complete schematic, it at least includes a block diagram. On the block diagram we can see that the lamp error is handled by a microcontroller at position IC2002.

This microcontroller has an EEPROM attached to it (IC2004). This EEPROM is marked 402m 40b2 and is in fact a 24c02 compatible I2C EEPROM. The Sharp part number is VHiR24002AS-1Y and is a Renesas R1EX24002ASAS0A 256 bytes EEPROM.

I removed the IC2004 EEPROM from the board and I erased it using my TL866II-Plus programmer. I then put it back on the main board. Bingo, the set powers on on the first try.

So, if you have a lamp error that you cannot clear after the repair, just erase the IC2004 EEPROM located under the main board. If you don't have an EEPROM programmer, just buy a blank R1EX24002ASAS0A and install it on the main board.
                Hi i read your post with great interest can you tell me how to identify replacement eeprom for S64 9K75 used in sharp lc 40le600e
                please see my earlier recent post
                sharp LC40ELE 600E standby only faulty backlight

cct diagram shows ic8455 eeprom ,as br24s64f
                no luck with google finding one
                i want to remove original and fit a blank one
                i do have a CH341 programmer and can wipe the original data
                and resolder it back in
                but would prefer to leave original one programmed ,in case fault is not eeprom corruption

Comment

amazing

Comment

Working...
                  X