Acer H243H Power Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer H243H Power Board

I can't post any more pictures, but if you private message me your email address I'll send them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ipodder77 View Post
      The blue is on pin 7 which is the on/off and the yellow is on pin 8 which is the brightness.
      Hi I'm new here This is my first post and I'm about to make this mod on this exact monitor.
      I'm looking at your pics and it looks as though pins 7 and 9 are where those wires for on/off and dim are soldered to...

The schematic shows that they should go to pins 7 and 8 and though that's what you've stated here I'm seeing them soldered different.

I know this was done years ago but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask anyway.

Thanks guys.

Comment

I'm not really sure why anyone wants to use bargain-bin LEDs instead of CCFLs, since new CCFLs are probably going to last longer.

But in any case, it looks to me like pins 7 and 8 are correct, the photo is just a bit misleading as the blue wire is on an angle and looks like it points to pin 9, but check carefully and you can see it's soldered to pin 8.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
          I'm not really sure why anyone wants to use bargain-bin LEDs instead of CCFLs, since new CCFLs are probably going to last longer.

But in any case, it looks to me like pins 7 and 8 are correct, the photo is just a bit misleading as the blue wire is on an angle and looks like it points to pin 9, but check carefully and you can see it's soldered to pin 8.
          Agent24 is correct. Pins 7 and 8 are correct, just misleading in the photo.

Comment

Just genius!!

Comment

Thanks for this great explanation, couldn't do it myself

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I am planning the same ccfl to led conversion. one thing I do not understand. One of the comments said the following, "just have to tap off the Inverter power supply section, at the two legs of the 24VDC output filter cap C830 (around the top right section of the diagram)" I do not know what "to tap off the Inverter power supply section" means. Any help from someone.

Comment

"Tap off the inverter power supply section" simply mean to get the 24vdc power supply. In the setup, it is the red and black wires soldered to cap C830.

Comment

Followed all the instructions, but the led are dim all the time. Could there be a different pin to use, other than the "dim" pin? The "dim" pin seems to be at 3.2 volts all the time (on and off)

Comment

Working...
                    X