This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

New here. I'm trying to hone the electronics repair skills I learned as a child from my father. Currently I'm troubleshooting no no image from my Samsung plasma. Hoping for suggestions once I post in the appropriate forum.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello I'm new here I've made my living as a Electrical engineer specializing in the marine industry. 35+ years experience world wide.

Comment

Hello everyone! I'm hoping to gain some valuable knowledge specifically in TV repair.

Comment

Art here, been repairing things since age 7 (63 years old now).

Comment

Hi, my name is Jan. I am from Slovakia-EU and I am new here. I am working with electronic about 30 years already,...last 15 years with car ECU-s mostly.

Comment

Hello,I am woodman.That is what all my friends nicknamed from an early age.lol
                I am from N.C. and i love tinkering with things mostly electronics.I came to join the site to share any knowledge i have, but mostly to learn.
                I have been a moderator on underground satellite forum sites when hacking was fun.
                Now i mostly work on computer repair and tv repair.
                i have been in to tv repairs mainly for knowledge for the past 3 years.i guess its the geek in me but i find it very exciting to finding a dead tv or computer and bringing it back to life..oh what a rush..
                Anyways i have found a lot of useful info from this site and decided why not join.
                I look forward to meeting some of the pro's in the forums.

Comment

Hi all my name is Carlos, I love working on electronics expecially laptops and pcs.

Comment

:-)

Comment

thanks for adding me. 1985 component level trained. out of date a long time ago.

Comment

Greetings, found this board in my quest to fix my sons emerson 39" tv that only has a blinking red light. Certified A+ tech and 20+ years computer guy.. tv's are a new thing to to me but looking forward to learning something new.

Comment

Hello, new and just wanted to say hi.

Comment

Hello,
                            Im just getting into saving things that I dont want to have to replace yet.

Comment

Hello,
                              I'm long time tinkerer and a problem shared is a problem halved

Comment

Hi I'm new to this I use to work on tv's back in the 80's so a lot has change and just need some help with my tv

Comment

Hey there.

I can't really say I've done electronic repair as a profession, but I've been tearing things apart ever since I was old enough to know how to use a screwdriver, much to the annoyance of the parents. I worked for a while as a PC tech, and then as a mechanic. I can't say that I can bring a lot of knowledge to the forums, especially when compared to the guru's that are already here, but I enjoy working with my hands as much as I'm able, so I tend to inherit jobs from friends and family for repairing radios and laptops and such.

Nice meeting everyone, hope you don't mind a lurker who mostly reads the forums to gain a little more knowledge from the real pro's

Dan

Comment

Re:Hello, I am a new member seeking info on tv fault

Hi, My name is Van, from Australia.
                                    I have some problem with my TV and have been seeking for info on how to fix it.
                                    I came across this forum and believe I may be able to ask for some help so I just joined the forum.
                                    Again, Hello everyone and have a good day

Comment

Hi, i'm chris, a french IT guy.
                                      I came here to find info on a locked BIOS, and also on a broken projector alimentation.

I hope i'll find these ^^

Comment

Hi, I'm Orville,
                                        I was searching the net for help to find info on a locked BIOS and came across this site. I have seen persons saying thank you for help received so I thought I would join and see what's up and in the process get help or help in any way I can.

Comment

Greeting from S. Georgia...hoping to get some assistance with a panasonic plasma!

Comment

Working...
                                          X