Samsung UE40D5520 main board compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE40D5520 main board compatability

I have a UE40D5520 with the common fault of stuck in boot logo on and off and repeating. No mainboard for 40 inch model currently available but I do have a board from a 32 inch model which suffered screen damage available. The BN94 numbers are almost identical the 40" being BN9405069D the 32" BN9405069AD. Havnt got the 40" TV yet just a customer repair enquiry so cant try it and see. In the past on the older Samsung LCD TVs it used to be possible to change the screen size in service menu. Anybody able to advise whether this might be possible in this case??

Re: Samsung UE40D5520 main board compatability

Im pretty sure the 32inch board will work in the 40inch screen. Only difference might be a usb connector for example.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Thanks for your reply. An in house repair to customers TV could be worth a try?
      All usb sockets are identically placed. Appreciate your input.

Comment

You could call the customer saying you might have a solution but your not 100% sure. I think the board will work , maybe a service menu option that needs to be changed.......

We will only find out if you try it but you cant really damage anything. It will turn on or not.
        Problem is probably the cpu chip , bad bga solder. Reflowing the board might work for while...
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Just thought I would close this thread with a report that fitted 32" inch board today in 40" Model today without any problems. No adjustments needed in service Menu just a straight transition. hope this might help in the future with similar non availability of 40" board for this model problems.

Comment

Why not just replace the nand and fix it yourself.

Comment

I will vouch for this seller.
              I've bought one from him and it works perfectly.
              Attached Files

Comment

I know you've fixed the tv but try to keep the board in circulation.

Comment

Thanks for the information. So youve had similar issues and this is the micro to change. Will keep that in mind for the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X