Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having trouble with gmail?

Hello,

Anyone having extreme difficulties with gmail?

Tried multiple PCs, my cell, and outlook online, and it's really, really, really slow. We're logged in on three PCs with the same account and it's set to sync, I'm wondering if I should delete the browser cache and all PCs or if it's a problem on gmail's end, not mine.

Thanks!
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Re: Anyone having trouble with gmail?

It's working fine for me

Comment

fine here . plenty of spam as per usual

Comment

Hrmm. Really slow here, on all devices.

Is it the CSP portal causing it? I don't think so, because even on Linux, where there is no AzureAD login, when I open gmail, top shows over 100% CPU utilization.

Could it be the Norton Safe Search extension? I'll try disabling that and see what happens. I have a LOT of emails, so maybe it's scanning all of them or something, checking to see if any of the them with links are unsafe sites?

Do you guys think it could be a sync / caching issue with Chrome? I could try it in <eek> ie I guess or Firefox and see how it works.

Thanks for letting me know it's on my end.

I also have the Hangsout enabled, so I can send text messages to cellphones and answer them in gmail. That seems to be having the biggest issue and it says, hrmm, we seem to be having difficulties.

Do any of you guys use that Google Voice and have a similar setup like mine? Just to rule out the Hangouts / Google Voice stuff?

Comment

Disabled all extensions, it's not extensions. So either a sync issue, or something with their google voice stuff, which I doubt. It says it's having trouble connecting to their google servers....I guess firewall could be playing an issue, but again, not in Linux. That's just too odd....

Comment

get etherape and take a look .

Comment

Is that like Wireshark?

Comment

I'm going to download it now for Linux and see if it shows anything. Weird it's just gmail. Close gmail, everything's fine. Open gmail, it breaks. Just noticed too, it's just my account, not my wife's.

She doesn't have the phone stuff setup, with the hangouts, so it might be on gmail's end.

Comment

I noticed when I go to send text messages or respond to them, it says that messages may be delayed. Makes me think they know there's an issue going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                    I noticed when I go to send text messages or respond to them, it says that messages may be delayed. Makes me think they know there's an issue going on.
                    You are being watched...closely.

Comment

Might actually be! After posting this hear, the problem has finally seemed to resolve itself. Interesting, huh?

We use cPanel / WHM. On my wife's laptop, we assign a public, easy to remember IPv6 address, but the spectrum modem also hands out temporary addresses.

Anyway to make accounts default to the IPv6 static address we set? Every time I make a change in WHM / cPanel, it says my IP address has changed and I have to re-validate.

Comment

Working...
                      X