X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer PDP-LX5090 with 8 red blinks – Repair

Hi,
    My Pioneer PDP-LX5090 (manufactured in UK, 2008) has the following issues:
    1. After watching TV for a few hours (~2-3 hours) it suddenly turns off and the red indicator light blinks 8 times, stops for a few seconds and starts blinking again (8 times) and so on.

2. If I disconnect it from the power supply, and after 2-3 minutes I connect it. When I try to open the TV it feels like it starts (the blue light is on) but after a second it turns off and the red blink starts again.

3. When I disconnect it from the power supply and then wait a couple of hours and then re-connect it, the TV works again.

Appreciate if someone here can help me with this problem.

Re: Pioneer PDP-LX5090 with 8 red blinks – Repair

Many threads on this model, like this one for example https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63568
    Put your model number into the Search▼

Comment

8 red blinks is an Address Powerdown.
      The likely cause is overheating of one of the address drivers.

Does the panel have any stuck vertical lines or defective pixel areas?

The other possibility is that the VADR voltage from the power supply is low. It should be typically around 75 volts DC. You can test it to see if it drops as the TV is running and it can be adjusted with a potentiometer on the power supply. But be careful not to over voltage VADR.

Finally, you want to make sure all connectors AD1, AD2, D13-D20, Y2, Y5, Y6, X2, X3, X4, P1 and P2 are all firmly connected. BUT never fiddle with these connectors while the television is powered on, and wait at least a minute after powering off before adjusting anything. Failure to do so can damage the plasma panel!
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi

I have this exact issue now, 8 blinking lights.

I had the 8 blue blinking lights a while ago which I repaired and tv has worked fine up until now.

As TOM66 mentions I had a vertical thin line on the left side of screen coming down half way was not too noticeable initially but then it grew a little wider and became much more noticeable maybe a mm wide.

My wife was watching TV and she said it just shut down and started the red light blinking.

I would really like to save this telly its such a good picture quality and I like being able to say I had a world class TV lol.

If it was a overheating issue which I can believe as the screen used to get so hot its crazy, I am rather disappointed as I never heard or seen the fans at the top running which doesn't make sense are they faulty or is the setting so high that they never get triggered.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          8 red blinks is an Address Powerdown.
          The likely cause is overheating of one of the address drivers.

Does the panel have any stuck vertical lines or defective pixel areas?

The other possibility is that the VADR voltage from the power supply is low. It should be typically around 75 volts DC. You can test it to see if it drops as the TV is running and it can be adjusted with a potentiometer on the power supply. But be careful not to over voltage VADR.

Finally, you want to make sure all connectors AD1, AD2, D13-D20, Y2, Y5, Y6, X2, X3, X4, P1 and P2 are all firmly connected. BUT never fiddle with these connectors while the television is powered on, and wait at least a minute after powering off before adjusting anything. Failure to do so can damage the plasma panel!
          Can the test be carried out with the back panel off I read in my search somewhere yesterday that the screen would lock down if it was turned on with back panel off ?

Where would I measure this voltage ?

if the stuck vertical line is in the top left section does that suggest its a particular address driver board etc

Is the voltage only present when it tries to power up or will it still be there when it falls back to its red blinking state?

If voltage is ok does that point at a bad address board if so is this repairable or needs replacing ?

Cheers

Comment

Anyone found solution?

Comment

Working...
            X