HP LaserJet P2035 cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP LaserJet P2035 cart?

I have a HP LaserJet P2035 with a CE505A empty cart.

Does any one have any insight whether to try to refill the cart or replace with aftermarket?

Re: HP LaserJet P2035 cart?

Amazon is your friend for aftermarket.

Comment

to answer the question,
      it depends - i dont know that model.
      if it contains the photosensitive drum then replace the cartridge - the coating wears off.

if not then you may as well refill it - if the price difference is enough to justify the potential mess.
      btw, if you get a toner spill - only use COLD water.

Comment

I believe this cartridge also contains a reset chip. Once that chip is triggered, it will continue to show empty even if you've refilled the cartridge. Replacement chips can be purchased through eBay, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

CapLeaker
          Thanks amazon has showed me is to only buy aftermarket toner carts locally.

STJ
          Thanks for reminding me to only use cold water when working with toner. There are other rules about working on laser printers that have leaked all out of my old head. All I can remember is no direct sun light when working on a toner cartridge.

Jetadm123
          Thanks to you i just found the correct reset chip for the HP-05A cart on ebay.

Thinking about attempting to refill this cart if I can find the correct spot to melt a access hole for the toner. So far one guy shows taking the cart completely apart and pouring the toner in to the drop slot. Another guy melts a access hole on the paper path side of the cart and that doesn’t sound right.

Comment

Working...
          X