Blaupunkt 49/235Z-GB-11B-FGU-UK blue standby light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blaupunkt 49/235Z-GB-11B-FGU-UK blue standby light

When you say you bridged the connector, what exactly did you bridge> It doesn't stand to reason if the separate strips all the LEDs light up but when you connect only half light up. Did you bridge across or along? If you bridge across, only half the LEDs will light up. Can I see a picture of what you did?

Comment

Right sorry to confuse things but this is what I have done to try and get it to work and now the first strip works if I use the test points
      So there must be a break somewhere on the negative side on the first strip ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes there is a break there.

Comment

It's strange how all six are the same though

Comment

Indeed strange. Perhaps they all got some mechanical stress from manufacture? So what do we have now ^ pairs of strips and all 12 LEDs working on each strip?

Comment

Ok so doing this only lights up one side of the strip but at the top strip if I go from one side of the negative point to the other side the led strip lights up fully
              Attached Files

Comment

The extra wire you have on the top strip gets the entire strip to work. You may have to do the same with the others to get all to light up.

Comment

Just a quick tought here.
                  Isn't it strange, that all of the strips need a jumper wire halfway?
                  If I got it right, your LED tester can only light up half of it at a time.
                  I have a different kind of tester, and last time I had to open a 32" LG to test the LEDs, because all of them were in series, and my tester couldn't get enough voltage trough them to open.
                  I hope this is not misleading in any way, I just wrote my experience here.
                  Cheers, Janos

Comment

Originally posted by yohnsee View Post
                    Just a quick tought here.
                    Isn't it strange, that all of the strips need a jumper wire halfway?
                    If I got it right, your LED tester can only light up half of it at a time.
                    I have a different kind of tester, and last time I had to open a 32" LG to test the LEDs, because all of them were in series, and my tester couldn't get enough voltage trough them to open.
                    I hope this is not misleading in any way, I just wrote my experience here.
                    Good thought...I am concerned as well. What kind of LED tester do you have and what voltage does it go up to? Also to ponder on this a bit...For the LEDs to light up and only half of the strip to light up is a bit puzzling as the one half of the strip SHOULD light up independently of the other half furthest from the supply connector but the other half closest to the supply connector SHOULD NOT light up independently.

Comment

It is this knob-switch type:

You can chose almost everything on it, but it only goes up to 200V. This time I spoke about earlier, the LED driver was settled around 210V, so that's why mine couldn't light up all of them. I had to disassemble the display to test the stripes individually X-(
                      Regarding the post: if the stripes test good in halves, and the OP can measure the resistance between 2 connected stripes (~0Ohm) then there is not much left to test here. I would rather move towards the mainboard, as I already repaired 2 Blaupunkt sets with this "stuck-in-standby mode", by changing the eprom (these T.xxxx mainboards usually operate on 25Q32 or similar) to a new one, and getting a trusted working flash from the internet. You also need a good eprom writer.
                      Attached Files
                      Cheers, Janos

Comment

Ordered this one
                        Attached Files

Comment

Are we not talking jumping the connector that link the two LED strips together?
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...124#post690124
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by budm; 06-26-2018, 02:05 PM.
                          Never stop learning
                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Started to have another look at this tv tonight and now all backlights are working without any jumpers all removed last night
                            Confused ! How this is happening
                            Attached Files

Comment

loose connectors linking the left side and the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
                                loose connectors linking the left side and the right side.
                                Yes, they can be. OP could test it, while the strips being powered, try to gently push on the connectors that join the left/right side. See, if they stay on or not.
                                Cheers, Janos

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                                  Are we not talking jumping the connector that link the two LED strips together?
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...124#post690124
                                  Yes we suggested that but I'm not sure if he understood when I said 'bridge'.

Comment

Know this is an old thread, but thought Id share my experience, same model, same probem. Once I got everything positioned so all LEDs illuminated, I put a blob of glue from glue gun on the joints to help hold them in place.

Comment

Working...
                                    X