lg 50ln5750 backlight question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lg 50ln5750 backlight question

i recently bought a bunch of broken tv's off someone to repair, in the bunch were 2 of these tvs(50ln5750), one had a cracked screen and the other had backlight issues so i basically made 1 tv from the 2.

tonight some of the backlights went in it for the 3rd time, last 2 times i just swapped out good backlight strips from spare tv that i tested as working once installed, my question as i have never got into backlight issues much before, is this something where all the leds should be all replaced at once or am i just having bad luck and probably have weak leds on the strips i am putting in cause every time i have had to replace them there on a diff strip than the one i have replaced or could there be something else causing them to blow

Re: lg 50ln5750 backlight question

The default settings for the LN series runs the backlight at 100 level and need to be turned down to 60-70 for ALL inputs. It is also recommended to update the firmware.

Comment

Is it possible for a full strip to be non-operational? Would they all go out at once?

Have a ln5700 with a few random bulbs out then one full strip is gone. Could it be getting over-powered or something?

Cheers!
      -Gavin

Comment

If an LED fails open circuit, the whole strip will be out and you will need to test each one individually. If an LED fails short circuit, the whole strip will be lit except for the shorted ones.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
          If an LED fails open circuit, the whole strip will be out and you will need to test each one individually. If an LED fails short circuit, the whole strip will be lit except for the shorted ones.
          Thank you! I eventually pieced together what was happening lol

Comment

I have a 50UH5500 on the bench right now where one open LED took out the center two rows, 6 total rows in the TV. This caused a single back light flash on start-up.
            They call me......."threadkiller"

Comment

Working...
            X