Let's See What You Got!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's See What You Got!

So, I figured we all are wired to the same tune! I take great pride in my work station and bench. I know it's not the most impressive but it's mine and I love it! So, I figured, you guys feel the same about your bench and work space so, LETS SEE IT!!!!!! Take a look at what I'm working with! Can't wait to see what you guys are rocking out with! (it's a little dusty...lol!).

Please don't take this posting as me bragging about what I have. I'm very humble and I don't think my workspace is anything to write home about. But I learned a lot about setting up my work area by seeing other peoples shops and asking questions. I think posting your work space would be great to a beginner to open up conversation as to why, what and how you set up your shop the way you did. Also, all of us geeks appreciate this kind of stuff!

These pictures are of my home office, I also have a warehouse that I store a lot of the bigger items. As you can tell from the pictures, it's not a very big room so a warehouse was important for me to obtain. Especially when it's a friend of the families and is willing to let me use it for free! lol!
    Attached Files

Re: Let's See What You Got!

my bench is a dusty mess of flux powder....and I do clean it regularly. Nobody wants to see that mess!! haha
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

LOL! Show em what the Tony Montana of Flux looks like! hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter9DO View Post
        LETS SEE IT!!!!!!
        You should check out theamphour.com workbench of the week.

http://www.theamphour.com/episode-listing/

Search for "bench" and it will take you to specific episodes where the photos are.

PS. Episode 77 was one of the best.
        Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-18-2012, 01:35 AM.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

So, I figured we all are wired to the same tune! I take great pride in my work station and bench. I know it's not the most impressive but it's mine and I love it! So, I figured, you guys feel the same about your bench and work space so, LETS SEE IT!!!!!! Take a look at what I'm working with! Can't wait to see what you guys are rocking out with! (it's a little dusty...lol!).
          I just cleaned up a week or 2 ago.

Test gear visible:
          Hitachi V212 scope (on top of it is a home brew curve tracer)
          Yihua 0-30V power supply, SMD Hot air rework station, old RS Multimeter
          80's Weller WTCP, Hakko 936 Fluke 87-V Fluke 77
          In the drawer is another RS multimeter, an old RS DMM, ESR meter, Peak Semiconductor tester, signal tracer, home-make function generator, and a few other things I'm forgetting.
          Attached Files
          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

^
            That;s too clean!! That means its not used enough!
            <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
            http://folding.stanford.edu/
            Team : 49813
            Join in!!
            Team Stats

Comment

this is mine,well...,after a 400v 100uf cap blew up on me
              Attached Files
              fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                ^
                That;s too clean!! That means its not used enough!

Mine must be the most used then!! Honestly, i'd be embarrased to post pics of my (temporary while I build a house) work area.

Jim

Comment

For those still interested in seeing other people's workbench, eevblog has a long running thread

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=187.0
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks Smason!!! At least someone wanted to participate..... lol! It looks fantastic! By the way, it's good to have a clean work space, don't listen to them! At the end of the day I clean up (for the most part) it's important to have a clean work space and to take care of the tools that make you money!

At the end of the day if your desk looks like this (replacing the coke with dust... and not angel dust), it can't be a good thing. I'm not going to lie but TopCat, this is the image that comes to mind when you describe how much dust is on your workbench! lol!!!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

At least someone wanted to participate..... lol!
                      My bench, literally, is using the kitchen floor for repairs. Seriously.
                      --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

LOL! I bet you use one outlet for everything too, right? hahaha!

Comment

LOL! I bet you use one outlet for everything too, right? hahaha!
                          One power bar. I put away everything when I don't need it.

I don't do that many repairs. I help people more than I repair. I would say 50:1 help to repair ratio.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                            My bench, literally, is using the kitchen floor for repairs. Seriously.
                            Been there. Done that.
                            You do what you gotta do!
                            Mann-Made Global Warming.
                            - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                            -
                            You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                            -

Comment

My work station/bench is in my room (where I also sleep). Like retiredcaps, I don't do many repairs so it's not such a bad thing. I have a small wooden bench/table by the window where I keep my tools and soldering iron - it's nice and bright there. No chair either - I just sit on the floor (got a soft carpet). Surprisingly, I have found that sitting on the floor is a lot better for my back than sitting in front of a desk. In fact, I don't get any back pain at all when sitting on the floor. The only thing I have to do is stand up once in a while to stretch my feet so they don't fall asleep.
                              Right now it's a bit messy, so no pictures .
                              Last edited by momaka; 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

I recently cleaned my soldering area... sometime I will have to get pics.
                                sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Nice T-870A station...

Comment

Originally posted by thesloc View Post
                                    Nice T-870A station...
                                    Thank you! It really wouldn't be my first choice if I were to buy a new soldering station. Not the easiest one to learn or use for that matter. But once you get down it's not that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                      One power bar. I put away everything when I don't need it.

I don't do that many repairs. I help people more than I repair. I would say 50:1 help to repair ratio.
                                      So, I think we are safe to say that you have the cleanest work area out of us all!

Comment

All,
                                        Do you know the military term 'Blivit'?

Roughly translated it stands for ten pounds in a five pound bag.
                                        Too much in too little space.

What I may do is a rough clean up to get the larger chunks of trash off the bench, then take some photos.

Jack Crow
                                        "You are, what you do, when it counts"
                                        The Masso

"Gravity, the quickest way down"
                                        Mayor John Almafi

"You ever drop an egg, and on the floor you see it break?
                                        You go and get a mop so you can clean up your mistake.
                                        But did you ever stop to ponder why we know it's true?
                                        If you drop a broken egg you will not get an egg that's new?"

MC Hawking

Comment

Working...
                                        X