Anyone heard of Koshin caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard of Koshin caps?

Found three Koshin caps on the power supply board of my Polk Audio XRT12 XM tuner. Just curious, as I've never heard the brand... not bad, near as I can tell...

Ludicrous gibs!

Re: Anyone heard of Koshin caps?

I've seen vents like that before, although i can't say i remember what brand those caps were. Does the 1000uF in front look like the top is domed a bit, or is it just the way the picture is taken???

Comment

Elna use those vents. I have 2x 470@25 Elna RE3 on an old ISA soundcard.
      The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

The cap isn't domed... its just the way the picture came out I thought the vent was odd, myself. Manufacturers usually keep it with straight lines...
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I had a pair of primaries in my Allied AL B500E PSU. Since it was full of fujjyuu's they were replaced as a matter of course.
          Attached Files

Comment

I saw Koshin electrolytics in old Pace DGT-400 satellite receivers (I don't know why they stopped using the LCC-Thomson electrolytics, even though they used a few LCC-Thomson units), except for the early receivers, which originally used LCC-Thomson electrolytics (KM series - apparently general purpose) - can anyone find the LCC-Thomson electrolytic manufacturer's website?

The Koshin website is www.koshin.com.hk
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

They were also in my ISO PSU. An internet search revealed also in NAD L53 DVD/CD Stereo Receiver
              capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

My aibo 360W PSU has them too (brown can). I replaced them with the panasonic and rubycon.
                days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Update: A Pace DGT-400 satellite receiver made in early 1998 had no LCC-Thomson units; most of them were Koshin units. I know that LCC-Thomson (or the Thomson Passive Components division) was purchased by AVX - still wondering what happened to LCC-Thomson.

Koshin was established in 1984.
                  My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
                  X