Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this possible than turning on oven make a 1 second power outage in home? ( playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this possible than turning on oven make a 1 second power outage in home? ( playing

Hi.Have an question. It is possible that when turning on oven make a 0,5-1second power spike,without tripping fuse or breaker? I ask because when my mother in kitchen turned on oven,diablo 1 crashed to desktop on my old laptop. Nothing get tripped etc,lights not. So it was coincedence that game crashed in this moment or not?

Laptop not restarted i just saw STEAM icon like always and desktop ,when i back.

Event viewer said that:"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client"
    "the service did not respond to start or control request timeline fashion "

Also i was on balcony in this time.

ps:
    Diablo 1 is from GOG not steam.

Re: Is this possible than turning on oven make a 1 second power outage in home? ( pla

a poor connection between your fuses/breakers and the meter or incoming cable could cause a volt-drop.
    but so could a problem outside that is the power company's problem.

Comment

Re: Is this possible than turning on oven make a 1 second power outage in home? ( pla

what is the wattage of the oven? some ovens could require a lot of power and thus pull a lot of current suddenly, causing an ac brownout. it could also be due to a failing laptop power brick. try connecting the laptop power brick to a different mains outlet supplied by a different ac circuit not shared or used by the oven and see if the issue still persists and is reproduceable everytime the oven is switched on.

Comment

I was wondering about this. The laptop has a battery so unlikely was a brownout to the laptop or its power brick. The brownout could only be affecting the router or modem however, but even then they have switching supplies and usually can handle it. It's unlikely the current spike caused by turning on the heater could cause a spike that would confuse other electronics...

Look into the network equipment that's not battery powered.

Comment

nobody said it had a battery - none of my laptops do.
          that said, laptop glitch or router crash - i'm still thinking brownout.
          i'v seen it before with showers and even washing machines making flourescent lights re-strike.

Comment

That's also another thing about laptops, they usually have good UVP, and it should reset the machine if the power goes too low, and not cause corruption. So still don't think the computer is the problem.

Not always the case with routers or networking equipment, especially cheap stuff.

Comment

We tried 4 times turning oven when diablo 1 was running. Nothing happened. Also steam was running fine. But steam is only background. Diablo 1 is standalone not from Steam.

In moment when Diablo 1 crashed to desktop event viewer said:"Event viewer said that:"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client"

"the service did not respond to start or control request timeline fashion ""

Diablo 1 is from GOG not steam.Diablo 1 is playing from standalone files.offline

So it can be related to starting oven or it was coincedence?
              Like i said it crashed to desktop,laptop was not turned off. Laptop without battery and baterry is not charged.
              Last edited by sew333; 04-27-2019, 01:19 AM.

Comment

so steam *is* being secretly used by diablo, or steam is running 24/7 in the background - which you shouldnt allow or tolerate.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  i'v seen it before with showers and even washing machines making flourescent lights re-strike.
                  yea, i have this issue with the air-con condenser unit at my place. everytime the condenser fan kicks on, it causes a split second blink of the house lights tho its barely noticeable. looks like an ac brownout.

it also seems to cause some emi or rfi as it causes the dvi and hdmi video link of my monitor to reset causing the screen to blank out briefly. turning off the house light switches also causes the same issue with my monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by sew333 View Post

Event viewer said that:"A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client"
                    "the service did not respond to start or control request timeline fashion "
                    Looks like a Steam bug, Windows 7 SP1 on my socket 1366 system, has been reporting the same thing, IIRC.

Edit: As sure as dog shit out on the lawn somewhere not too far from here, Windows 7 SP1 had this error message in the event log waiting for me:

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Steam Client Service service to connect.
                    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 04-29-2019, 03:40 PM.
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
                    X