Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte HA65M mobo random shut down, bad bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte HA65M mobo random shut down, bad bios?

I got this gigabyte mobo, full model GA-HA65M-D2H-B3 and the guy who sold it says that it works and you can install the OS but as soon as you try to install any other program it shuts down.
    He also said that there was one issue from day 1 when it was still working he told me that if he tried to eject a device from the USB3 port about 1/5 of the time the PC would fail to eject and would eventually blue screen
    The socket pins look good and all the caps are solid caps so i think they're not the cause of the problem, there's also no external damage that i can see.
    I don't have a CPU to test the board out yet but i should get an E3-1220 xeon soon enough.
    But until i get the CPU i thought i'd start a troubleshooting thread here, maybe some of you know what could be happening with this board.
    I saw the DualBios logo on the board and that made me think, could the bios be bad? maybe the dude had a dodgy PSU?

Edit: another thing i failed to mention is that the guy told me that if you try to shut down the PC it shuts off but three seconds after it shuts off it starts again, so the only way to shut the PC down is to cut power.
    Last edited by PopcornMobo; 10-17-2018, 08:35 AM.

Re: Gigabyte HA65M mobo random shut down, bad bios?

Update: False alarm.
    Got my E3 1220 and installed it in the mobo.
    At first nothing worked but turns out my 8500GT was dead, popped in a known working 6800GT and got an image.
    Installed windows 7 and everything went fine, installed CPUZ, Speedfan, Unigine Valley benchmark and everything went fine.
    Benched the CPU in CPUZ and everything went fine, have you noticed a pattern here?
    I then shut the PC down and it didn't restart in 3 seconds after it shut down so that confirms it.
    The board is fine, looks like the guy who sold this board to me had other problems in his PC.

Comment

Working...
    X