• Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS A553S Bios pass word

By sn this is your dump
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Dear Cacla, No it didnt worked. I'm surprised by the fact that when i copied the original file and saved it in my laptop-again write it with another 1.8v chip-it goes dead. I'm using RT809F programmer with 1.8v adapter to do this. So surprised why not working. I doubt perhaps all the dumps are ok-still puzzled why not working.

I tested my programmer and 1.8v adapter by reading and writing Lenovo nm-a311 eeprom chip(also 1.8v)- It worked like a charm. So neither my programmer nor my 1.8v adapter is faulty.

Can anybody advice why even a original bios when copied and flashed on another chip-not working??

PS: All the chips i used are ok-tested them on NM-A311 mb.
      I'm Using EZP2010, Only chip Winbond 1.8V that have been passed verifying when flashing bios. Others chips give me error and problems else.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. Will try andrevert back with the dumps of cacla and ala borbe. I tried merging asus official ver 205/204/202 with my dump but all didnt worked. Then i asked for help.

I have used 1.8v chip of winbond/gigadevice-both didnt worked on asus. Altogether 4 bios chips tried and all 4 worked on nm-a311 mb. So once again i confirm that neither my programmer nor my chips are bad.

I too seriously doubt that there is some kind of protection in the original chip which perhaps cant be read fully resulting in non working bios. If it is so-then i have come across such a thing first time in my carrier and is acause of concern for all of us.

In the mean time i request ala borbe to do tinkering with nvram or whatever you deems fit to make my dump working.

Fortunately, i didnt erase the orignal bios chip-else could have benn in trouble.

Comment

Unfortunately both the dumps didnt worked-one by cacla and other by alaborbe

Comment

Before any more programming, the protection problem should be solved.

Comment

try this below..
              btw..have you try asus pwd recovery by date?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rioreno View Post
                try this below..
                its showing 2012/01/01 as date. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by rioreno View Post
                  try this below..
                  Didnt worked. I'm wondering why original bios copied and flashed on another chip didnt work. As told earlier i made a copy of the password protected bios and flashed it on a new eeprom(both 1.8v chips)-still it goes dead. Does that means when i'm copying its missing some bytes or blocks?? Some kind of protection is at play??

Comment

I think that it is because of different eeprom chips. On my mainboard is 25Q64FWSIQ, if you install 25Q64FWSIG, you would set Quad mode in eeprom cohfig before programming

Comment

Originally posted by ala_borbe View Post
                      Try putting older bios in it, or get dump from another laptop

Maybe if you do not have any other option i can play a bit with nvram to figure where password is stored

also try this
                      working fine for me

Comment

Hi, i'm lookin for KBC EC bios for X553SA rev2.0. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi all, I'll like to share this discovery with you all on x553sa pu8101 qfn ic, boardview says NBS_QFN_32P_4V_007 only which is rt8161b ic marked 2W=2M well after an hour of research, I came across RT8175AGQW with ic marked 3P=3H. And one little secret there is I used the generation of the processor to arrive at this ic matching which is SR2KN the clue there is (SR2) thanks, hope it helps someone some day.
                          ANSTECH refix 🇬🇭

Comment

Working...
                          X