DAX1BDMB6F0 no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAX1BDMB6F0 no power

Hi all, I have read through this post https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70410 and done some testing myself. Whilst I have been in the repair arena for quite a few years, I have not done much board level repair. It has been more remove and replace. However lately, I have started to do more board level and I am coming unstuck with a few things. People on here and on the Rossmann group forums with know this...
    Anyhow, here is my issue. Got the above mentioned board. No power. Initial issue was a broken DC socket, this has been replaced. Plug in an adapter, no charge light, no power. So, following the thread above and through some of my own testing I have the following results:-
    CN5
    Pin 1&2 19.6v
    Pin 3&4 Gnd
    Pin 5 NC
    Pin 6 1.175v ???
    Pin 7&8 5.042v

First FET ( i believe is PQ23)
    Pins 5-8 19.6v
    Pin 4 17.69v
    pins 1-3 19.54v ( slight drop but worried)

Second FET ( I believe is PQ21)
    Pins 5-8 19.53v
    Pin 4 25.28v
    Pins 1-3 19.53v

From there it seems to fall over.
    At the next FET ( I believe is PQ24)
    Pins 5-8 19.53v
    Pin 4 0v
    Pins 1-3 0v

I have traced pin 4 of PQ24 to pin 26 on PU3 where again I have 0v.

Subsequently PQ22 I get
    Pins 5-8 0v
    Pin 4 0v
    Pins 1-3 0v

As in the post above mentioned, I have tested coils A-G with the following results:-

A 0.206v
    B 0v
    C 0v
    D 0.000 to 0.001v ( meter i think)
    E 1.025v
    F 5.044v
    G 3.387v

EC chip:-
    Pin 107 3.255v ( pwr button not pressed) 0.311v ( pwr button pressed)
    pin 119 0v

I have also found that when i wiggle the pwr btn/ USB/ NIC/ SD Card board ribbon ( the big fat one ( got to love my technical jargon)) I do get the DC skt LED illuminate white and if i connect the battery it goes orange. Press the power button and the board will spring into life. Power off via the button it will restart each and every time. disconnect the adapter and reconnect, fails to illuminate until I wiggle the daughterboard ribbon. Also, if i disconnect the battery and the adapter, the LED with not illuminate and back to no power, yet if I get the LED to illuminate, do not disconnect the battery and disconnect just the adapter, time after time of reconnecting it, the LED will illuminate and the motherboard will power on.

Any ideas as to the issue. I personally think it is something to do with PQ24 or PU3 as there is no voltage on Pin 4 of PQ24 or Pin 26 of PU3, or this just a red herring. Also, a little concerned as to the voltage drop on pin 6 of CN5. Without the adapter connected the center pin of the adapter reads around the 17v area and I read that when connected to the laptop it should read 17-19v on pin 6 of CN5 but I am getting 1.175v.

Any help is greatfully received.
    Marc

Re: DAX1BDMB6F0 no power

No need to troubleshoot anything on the board. You simply have a bad contact issue in the DC-in jack.
    The center pin is not making good contact with the socket, hence the symptoms you are observing.

This is either a bad connector on the AC adapter side, or a bad DC-in jack on the laptop side.
    Replace both with new ones to be sure to fix the problem. AC adapter must be with the same or higher power rating.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

@piernov, thanks for the reply. I have replaced the dc socket with one new and one known good, used the original charger and one from a HP omen gaming laptop (130w) with the same result.

Comment

Originally posted by pc1staid View Post
        @piernov, thanks for the reply. I have replaced the dc socket with one new and one known good, used the original charger and one from a HP omen gaming laptop (130w) with the same result.
        Hi

It is a gaming laptop which usually have bigger battery 63.3W 6 cell

You need charger of 150 watt (19.5V,7.6 amps)at least. HP omen laptop original charger is of 150 watts. It matters only for HP computers.

Comment

Working...
        X