Seasonic 300 OEM using Su'scon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasonic 300 OEM using Su'scon

I just picked up a 300 watt OEM Seasonic 80+ Bronze PSU from the Egg and noticed there wasn't any "void if remove" stickers so I thought I'd open it up. Looks like a pretty good design some new additions that I haven't seen in the regular 80+ versions but I didn't recognize the caps on the output side. They are all "Su'scon, I expected maybe OST or Teapo, the input cap is a Hitachi.

Some searching reveals that these were problematic caps at least in the past. Hopefully they have gotten better and Seasonic hasn't take a turn for the worse with their OEM units.

Brand new 80+ Bronze, 300 watt.

High quality Adda fan as usual.

All Su'scons....

Layout 01

Layout 02

Re: Seasonic 300 OEM using Su'scon

Swap out caps and change fan for NMB fan. ADDA fan will seize up eventually.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Dang, I just bought one of these about 4 months ago and put it in someone's computer that was almost bestec'd.

Seasonic use to use OST in their lower end units. I've seen su'scon also used in a lot of logitec stuff as well as low end HEC power supplies. I would say they are up there with teapo, as in ok in power supplies. I would say they will fail eventually, su'scon has kind of stayed off the radar.

Comment

Really belongs in the PSU Pictorial thread(s) since there is no "trouble" with it.

BTW - NMB is a.k.a. Panaflo / Panasonic / Minebea Matsushita
        veritas odium parit

Comment

Originally posted by Wizard
          Swap out caps and change fan for NMB fan. ADDA fan will seize up eventually.

Cheers, Wizard
          This is for a clients machine so I won't be messing with it. Adda fans have been pretty reliable for me in the past...

Originally posted by Toasty
          Really belongs in the PSU Pictorial thread(s) since there is no "trouble" with it.
          Yeah I'll post the pics there too. I just thought I would create a separate thread since a lot of people (myself included) go with Seasonic by default, hopefully these caps are alright.

Comment

I've never had trouble with adda fans, but I just try to stick to nidec. I got a box full of 80mmx25mm nidec's, hard to beat their reliability.

Comment

I see a eight pin IC between the input capacitor and the small transformer. Is that the 5vsb circuit? What kind of chip is it?
              Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Originally posted by everell
                I see a eight pin IC between the input capacitor and the small transformer. Is that the 5vsb circuit? What kind of chip is it?
                I'm not sure, and it's all packed away in its home now.

I deleted the full res pics and I can't make it out ones I do have, a bit too dark down there.

Comment

Must be PFC controler, dosn`t see it any were else.

Comment

Working...
                  X