X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smasung SyncMaster 913N Monitor wouldnot display images

Folks,
    I've given some wrong info.
    The second signal cable Ssc described previously is fact an extension cable, therefore everything regarding this cable is not true. Sorry for putting you people in the wrong direction.

I've since taken a few readings.

Output of monitor with no signal cable connected.

Pin 6 – 5 Volts
    Pin 11 – 5 Volts
    Pin 12 – 1.3 Volts
    Pin 13 – 0.8 Volts
    Pin 14 – 5 Volts.
    All the others – 0 Volt

With signal cable plugged into the monitor but not connected to the computer.

Corresponding readings are as follows.

Pin 6 – 0 Volts – (Compared to 5 Volts without the cable !!!)

All other remain the same.

Pin 11 – 5 Volts
    Pin 12 – 1.3 Volts
    Pin 13 – 0.8 Volts
    Pin 14 – 5 Volts.
    All the others – 0 Volt

Signal cable configuration - Pin 2,6,15 –Connected to the body of the plug.

Have marked the power supply capacitor.

Volts across capacitor of the power supply.With no signal cable.
    Cap 1 -12.5 Volts
    Cap 2 – 5 Volts
    Cap 3 – 5 Volts
    Cap 4 - 12.5 Volts
    Cap 5 - 0.075 Volts – (47micorfarad rated at 35V - ???).
    Cap 6 – 3.5 Volts
    Cap 7 -12.5 Volts
    Cap 8 -12.5 Volts
    Cap 9 – 5 Volts
    Cap 10 – 5 Volts
    Cap 11- 12.5 Volts
    Cap 12 – 350 Volts.

With signal cable plugged into the monitor but not the computer.

All Volts reading are the same except.

Cap 5 – Gone down to 0.0 Volt (Zero) – (47micorfarad rated at 35V - ???)

Could this be the area at fault?
    Don't have any circuit diagram.
    Can anyone put a finger to it?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ausheaven
      Capacitor replace with matching volt, capacitance, temperature electrolytic typeof different brand. Polarity also checked.
      Pics attached.
      Flashing light only happen when video signal cable is plug (one cable cause it but another cable don't, even when one end is disconnected from PC) as described.
      Pic attached.
      Which brand? V rating and capacitance are not the most important thing here. You need also to take into account ESR.
      Information is incomplete.
      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050
        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by ausheaven
        Folks,
        I've given some wrong info.
        The second signal cable Ssc described previously is fact an extension cable, therefore everything regarding this cable is not true. Sorry for putting you people in the wrong direction.

I've since taken a few readings.

Output of monitor with no signal cable connected.

Pin 6 – 5 Volts
        Pin 11 – 5 Volts
        Pin 12 – 1.3 Volts
        Pin 13 – 0.8 Volts
        Pin 14 – 5 Volts.
        All the others – 0 Volt

With signal cable plugged into the monitor but not connected to the computer.

Corresponding readings are as follows.

Pin 6 – 0 Volts – (Compared to 5 Volts without the cable !!!)

All other remain the same.

Pin 11 – 5 Volts
        Pin 12 – 1.3 Volts
        Pin 13 – 0.8 Volts
        Pin 14 – 5 Volts.
        All the others – 0 Volt

Signal cable configuration - Pin 2,6,15 –Connected to the body of the plug.

Have marked the power supply capacitor.

Volts across capacitor of the power supply.With no signal cable.
        Cap 1 -12.5 Volts
        Cap 2 – 5 Volts
        Cap 3 – 5 Volts
        Cap 4 - 12.5 Volts
        Cap 5 - 0.075 Volts – (47micorfarad rated at 35V - ???).
        Cap 6 – 3.5 Volts
        Cap 7 -12.5 Volts
        Cap 8 -12.5 Volts
        Cap 9 – 5 Volts
        Cap 10 – 5 Volts
        Cap 11- 12.5 Volts
        Cap 12 – 350 Volts.

With signal cable plugged into the monitor but not the computer.

All Volts reading are the same except.

Cap 5 – Gone down to 0.0 Volt (Zero) – (47micorfarad rated at 35V - ???)

Could this be the area at fault?
        Don't have any circuit diagram.
        Can anyone put a finger to it?
        You need to take the readings of the connector above cap 10 & 11, not the signal cable outputs. The connector should be marked with 12v, 5v ,BL_ON labels. You need to be sure PSU is not the problem before moving on to other things/parts
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
          You need to take the readings of the connector above cap 10 & 11, not the signal cable outputs. The connector should be marked with 12v, 5v ,BL_ON labels. You need to be sure PSU is not the problem before moving on to other things/parts
          Thanks for the advice.
          That was what I am trying to do.
          That area was one that I miss. The cable harness that bridge to the video card
          Starting from the RED wire as 1 - +ve - Plugged into the Video card.
          1-2 0 - volt - (Appears to be the same point)
          1 -3,4 & 5 - 12 Volt.
          1- 6&7 - 8 Volt.
          1 - 8 - 12 Volt.
          1- 9 - 8 Volt.

6,7 (+ve) - 3,4&5 - 5 Volt
          6,7 (+ve) = 8 - 0.5 Volt
          6,7 (+ve) = 9 - 2.5 Volt

Signal cable plugged into Video card but not connected to PC.
          All value the same except
          1- 9 -12 Volts (??)

Harness unplugged from the Video card.
          1-2 0 - volt -
          1 -3,4 & 5 - 12 Volt.
          1- 6&7 - 8 Volt.
          1 - 8 - 8 Volt. Note different value to unplugged (after double check)
          1- 9 - 12 Volt. Note different value to unplugged (after double check) but same as with signal cable connected (??)

6,7 (+ve) - 3,4&5 - 5 Volt
          6,7 (+ve) = 8 - 4.0 Volt.-Note different value to unplugged (after double check
          6,7 (+ve) = 9 - 1.5 Volt Note different value to unplugged (after double check

Comment

I have a another problem with a 913N! When I start up to windows I see the windows boot screen, but when the log on schreen are loading I have this message on the screen: not optimum mode.

What are the problem on the big elco I have 315 Volt.
            It is not a software problem on my comuter!

Comment

Originally posted by marco456
              I have a another problem with a 913N! When I start up to windows I see the windows boot screen, but when the log on schreen are loading I have this message on the screen: not optimum mode.

What are the problem on the big elco I have 315 Volt.
              It is not a software problem on my comuter!
              This one can be traced to the unit between the keyboard and the chair. And it's easy to fix. The monitor is telling you that the resolution provided by the video card does not match the native resolution of the monitor - "Not optimum".

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Hello.

I'm kinda uncertain about NT68F63L controller. Monitor isn't displaying images but everything else works fine. By pressing menu it says 'Test Good' and when VGA cable is unplugged monitor notices that.

When i turn on laptop and monitor is plugged, green led light stays on. I think it is some kind sign that monitor is working correctly but for some reason it doesn't display image.

I didn't find NT68F63L controller from my logic board, might be with different name/code? So, with this info, can you say that my problem is also the dead NT68F63L controller? And only way to fix is by replacing controller with new NT68F63L controller?

Images
                logic board (panel unplugged for reason)
                inverter
                both

Thank you very much for your time!
                And, yah... I'm a newfaq around (somewhere) here. :/

Comment

The NT68F63L is the one with the sticker. The label indicates the firmware revision, which may be specific for the device / panel.
                  The NT68F63L has it`s own EEPROM. You can flash it via COM port.
                  I do not know the cause of your particular problem, but what i do know is that there are a bunch of Syncmasters out there with failing NT68F63L.
                  Usually the obvious symptom is the "out of range" error, but may be there are other symptoms.

Comment

Okey...
                    So that is the controller. Great.
                    Flash it via COM port - sounds easy, but is it?
                    Do i need something very special stuff? Or is it just too much/hard for people like me...?

Thanks.

Comment

Well, if you could get some NT68F63L i think you can try it.
                      I am not sure, if you need to flash the firmware. If you want to save your current firmware, you need a simple adapter VGA > LPT port and the flash tool from the NT68F63L`s manufacturer (Easy Writer").

NT68F63L could be bought from here:

http://cgi.ebay.de/SAMSUNG-LCD-VIDEO...item563401558c

Comment

Sounds great!
                        First i'll ask a friend does he have that adapter and does he know how that works, etc.

If i have to buy one of those ICs, do i have to do anything else than soldering it to logic board? Or do i have to flash it also?

I won't give up easily.

And gonzo0815, Thank you very much for your time!
                        I'll ask if i just need more help (so I'll be here again very soon. )

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Again!

I managed to replace NT68F63LG to NT68F63L. I realized that it's NT68F63LG and I ordered NT68F63L from eBay (that link which gonzo gave). I do have SyncMaster 913N and you saw the images from the logic board. So is there any differents between NT68F63LG and NT68F63L?

I'm asking this because after replacing IC, monitor doesn't work 100%. It does display an image, but its kinda screwed up. Colors aren't right, red is too strong, and it can't be fixed by configuring the color tune from the OSD. There is also gray transparent block on the left side, its about 20-30px wide and height 100%.

What could do all this? Wrong IC? Bad soldering? Or something got damaged while replacing IC?

Well, at least i made progress on this project and I'm happy for it.

Thanks in advance! If you want new images, just ask!

Comment

I shorted link 6 and 5 using 47 ohm resistor it works for 4 hrs, but I smelll something from logic board ic, what cause it?

Comment

Originally posted by daiwapro
                              I shorted link 6 and 5 using 47 ohm resistor it works for 4 hrs, but I smelll something from logic board ic, what cause it?
                              Shorting 6 to 5 using a 47 ohm resistor.

PlainBill
                              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I found out that IC NT68F63LG is burnt, Iook like I got to replace this IC. Is it by shorting these 2 terminals by 47 ohm resistor is not good option?

Comment

Originally posted by daiwapro
                                  I found out that IC NT68F63LG is burnt, Iook like I got to replace this IC. Is it by shorting these 2 terminals by 47 ohm resistor is not good option?
                                  Well IIRC it pulls the 3.3V rail up towards the 5V supply, which "forces" the internal reg. That's not part of what the processor was designed for. When I first read of that scheme I shuddered. It *may* work some_time for some_people, but I wouldn't recommend it.

When it gets to the point of needing to replace a fried processor, I'd be putting that monitor into the parts heap.
                                  Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

I'm sorry to bump this topic, but this is the only board that has a topic about the Samsung 913N Monitor.

Background story:
                                    About a year ago i started getting a "not in optimum mode" when starting a game or booting windows, so pulling the plug for about five minutes helped for a while, but i bought a new monitor.

Where are we now:
                                    Well, the monitor worked with the pull the plug trick for a little while on an old pc, but now that won't even work, it even won't display any image, not even the "not in optimum mode" message, when i hold the menu button it just says "testing okay" and the the screen goes back to black(back-light also shutdown)..

So i searched the forums and i came here, i opened the monitor so i could take a look at the caps, but they look fine from the outside(no bulding top,no leaks..)

But to be sure i made pics of the circuit board and the logic,videoboard:
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi guy's, also sorry to drag this one up.

I have the 913n as well that has problems with the power supply board, Ive removed it and all the cap look OK and are not swollen, problem is the TOP246YN (Integrated Off-line Switcher) has exploded.
                                      I replaced it with a new one but that done the same, anyone whats next to test on the board

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by liteace View Post
                                        Hi guy's, also sorry to drag this one up.

I have the 913n as well that has problems with the power supply board, Ive removed it and all the cap look OK and are not swollen, problem is the TOP246YN (Integrated Off-line Switcher) has exploded.
                                        I replaced it with a new one but that done the same, anyone whats next to test on the board

Thanks
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740
                                        Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Sorry, here is a pic of the board, the TOP246YN is the top one in the pic bolted to the heatsink

Thanks
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X