CF-EG65 AMS e-Cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF-EG65 AMS e-Cube

You can add these Chyang Fun motherboards to the manufacturers who are using bad capacitors. These boards happen to be small SFF motherboards used by FIC, DTK, AMS (possibly others.) I have sold several of these systems in the past and one had problems (random reboots and unexpected system lockups on boot or while in the XP OS) in as little as 6 months. Now, I have had another system come back from the customer (it has been almost 2 years) and all it can do is spin its CPU fan for about a second then it does nothing. I noticed on a visual inspection of the motherboard that three Choyo 16v 1000uf caps around the CPU were bulging and had started to leak. I also noticed that the Choyo 6.3v 2700uf capacitors around the CPU had a brownish stain on their purple sleeves (overheating?). I replaced everything I could on this board with Sanyo caps...but the board still had the same symptoms; I suspect the capacitors damaged other vital motherboard components. The P4 3.2 GHz Northwood CPU and memory was salvaged from this computer. I have managed to get the one with random reboots stabilized for several hours now by replacing the Choyo 16v 1000uf capacitors. I will call it good if it can pass my 72 hour burn in before I let it go back to the customer. I suspect I may have added an additional year (hopefully!) or more of life to the system. I called AMS several times concerning these systems and they say they are obsolete and they can't get parts etc... (always some excuse...) I decided a year ago I am no longer going to build PC's for people because of the unreliable stuff the motherboard manufacturers are putting out these days. I have piles of motherboards with bad caps from (IBM, ECS, ABIT, MSI, GIGABYTE and now Chyang Fun...Shame on all these companies for putting out this garbage.) I have even had boards that started on fire... Well I am done with my ranting; Thank you for reading it.
    BTW Anyone out there know for sure of any motherboards that have good quality components? I used to stand by ASUS but I have seen their name associated with bad caps as well.

Thanks,

Rayman
    Last edited by Rayman; 12-31-2006, 04:37 PM.

Re: CF-EG65 AMS e-Cube

I've seen some excellent Powercolor and MSI mobos - with almost all caps being good caps (Rubycon MBZ/MCZ, NCC KZE/KZG, Nichicon HD, ...). Intel original boards, including later D865xxx mobos are very good.

Comment

My mistake these are Chocon caps that are on this board not Choyo as mentioined below.

Rayman

Originally posted by Rayman
      You can add these Chyang Fun motherboards to the manufacturers who are using bad capacitors. These boards happen to be small SFF motherboards used by FIC, DTK, AMS (possibly others.) I have sold several of these systems in the past and one had problems (random reboots and unexpected system lockups on boot or while in the XP OS) in as little as 6 months. Now, I have had another system come back from the customer (it has been almost 2 years) and all it can do is spin its CPU fan for about a second then it does nothing. I noticed on a visual inspection of the motherboard that three Choyo 16v 1000uf caps around the CPU were bulging and had started to leak. I also noticed that the Choyo 6.3v 2700uf capacitors around the CPU had a brownish stain on their purple sleeves (overheating?). I replaced everything I could on this board with Sanyo caps...but the board still had the same symptoms; I suspect the capacitors damaged other vital motherboard components. The P4 3.2 GHz Northwood CPU and memory was salvaged from this computer. I have managed to get the one with random reboots stabilized for several hours now by replacing the Choyo 16v 1000uf capacitors. I will call it good if it can pass my 72 hour burn in before I let it go back to the customer. I suspect I may have added an additional year (hopefully!) or more of life to the system. I called AMS several times concerning these systems and they say they are obsolete and they can't get parts etc... (always some excuse...) I decided a year ago I am no longer going to build PC's for people because of the unreliable stuff the motherboard manufacturers are putting out these days. I have piles of motherboards with bad caps from (IBM, ECS, ABIT, MSI, GIGABYTE and now Chyang Fun...Shame on all these companies for putting out this garbage.) I have even had boards that started on fire... Well I am done with my ranting; Thank you for reading it.
      BTW Anyone out there know for sure of any motherboards that have good quality components? I used to stand by ASUS but I have seen their name associated with bad caps as well.

Thanks,

Rayman

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguru
        I've seen some excellent Powercolor and MSI mobos - with almost all caps being good caps (Rubycon MBZ/MCZ, NCC KZE/KZG, Nichicon HD, ...). Intel original boards, including later D865xxx mobos are very good.

I am going to pick up some Intel boards then; They had better be using superior parts for the prices they charge for their boards. I will be replacing my ASUS SK8V (AMD FX-51 socket 940) system which was very reliable for the last three years I have used it; it is now showing its age. I am thinking about getting a motherboard that uses the Intel Core Duo processors. I actually robbed some caps off of a bad Intel D865 board (it had something else wrong with it other than bad caps) that was returned by a customer. I do have an unopened Intel D915GAV motherboard sitting in the closet which I never used...but it only supports the older processors. I have never used Intel boards before.. I guess it is time to try them. Thanks for the info.

Rayman

Comment

Working...
        X