Epox 8RDA3i mobo cap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epox 8RDA3i mobo cap question

I've built two complete systems using the subject motherboard and have been somewhat keeping track of the caps issue. Question is...Sanyo and Teapo caps, any issues with them on the Epox line of boards (say 8RDA+, 8RDA3+, and the subject boards)?

I noticed in the Other items with bad caps forum that Sanyo and Teapo were mentioned. The Sanyo's have a "K" style relief top, whereas the Teapo have an asterix "*" style relief cap. Both subject motherboards are rev 3.1 or greater.

I've heard nothing but good things about Epox until today in the forums and have several friends with 8RDA+ boards that have to have theirs fixed due to the cap bulge, leak issue. If Epox is still using the crap caps in the rev 3.1 or greater boards and i find they know about it, i'm going to be mighty pissed.

Crossing fingers,

SalmonFisher
    got Fish? Get Hooked!

i have never seen sanyo fail due to quality issues.
    but there are a lot of teapo in the bucket next to my recapping bench.
    just did a bunch of ibm thin clients that were full of bad teapo's.

Comment

Yikes! Teapo! Well I hope this board doesn't get the 'flu'. I just built a new system for a client before finding out this information. Hopefully it will, if it does fail, fall under the Epox warranty period and they'll fix it. One of my friends is going to do his own work on an 8RDA+.

I may not get a straight answer from an Epox rep in one of the online forums i frequent, but i'm going to post there about this caps issue and see what he tells me. I hope they don't lie to me, i just may change mfgs if they do.

Here's to no caps issues!

SalmonFisher
      got Fish? Get Hooked!

Comment

Working...
      X