Plasma logic board and "Test mode"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma logic board and "Test mode"

Hi all, i have a issue with this board not knowing how to enter test mode. Please have a look at the pictures. There are no jumpers to short out but holes. What does this mean? Can i put unit into test mode or not?
    Attached Files

Re: Plasma logic board and "Test mode"

Here is the other side.
    Attached Files

Comment

They just cheaped out on putting the pin headers in. Jumper 3-4.
      ------------signature starts here------------

Comment

Ok. Let me get this right. I am going to force the power supply on so that Vs and Va appear. Then i am going to disconnect the LVDS cable going to msin board and the power connector going from PSU to main board. Then i am going to bridge out those holes... but know here is the thing. On the silkscreen it says "1,2,3,4 PAL" so i assume that i must short out all 4 pins since we use PAL video system. Then i power up the set snd the video test should commence if alls well with the plasma boards. This tv was damaged by lightning and the main board is stuffed. So now i want to prove that all the other boards are ok before assesing the damage and cost to repair.

Comment

Pis 1 & 3 are connected together so try 3 & 4 first.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Pis 1 & 3 are connected together so try 3 & 4 first.
            As far as a panel test goes, I don't think it matters if your TV is PAL or NTSC. I've attached a datasheet for a model which uses that logic board. Details are on page 5.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by angelos View Post
              Ok. Let me get this right. I am going to force the power supply on so that Vs and Va appear. Then i am going to disconnect the LVDS cable going to msin board and the power connector going from PSU to main board. Then i am going to bridge out those holes... but know here is the thing. On the silkscreen it says "1,2,3,4 PAL" so i assume that i must short out all 4 pins since we use PAL video system. Then i power up the set snd the video test should commence if alls well with the plasma boards. This tv was damaged by lightning and the main board is stuffed. So now i want to prove that all the other boards are ok before assesing the damage and cost to repair.
              Just 3 & 4. PAL/NTSC has no meaning here (I don't honestly know what it does, but only 3-4 work on the sets I've tried.)
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks. I got it to work perfectly. I am glad to say that the y, x main and logic boardsvare all good. Now i can quote with confidence. Its only the main board.
                Much appreciated.

Comment

Glad to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                  X