4v caps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 4v caps?

It's hard tell without being able to see both of them, because the K is kind of squashed vertically, but I think it is closer to the Sanyo style. The bottom leg is fairly far out from the main upright on the upper leg.

Comment

Sacon, I mean Evercon, I mean GSC's site has disappeared again.
      Time will tell what name #4 is [or will be].
      I've been digging a little and I'm starting to think Capsun was OEM'ing Lytics for Evercon/Sacon and possibly some OST.
      All 4 of those brands look identical on some Soyo P3 and P4 boards.
      Same color, same vent, same abnormality in the vent.
      [Abnormality = stamp over sleeve, vice, sleeve over stamp.]
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

I just got a Dimension 8400 today and it has 4v caps too. I found this thread and wanted to make sure the 6.3v are ok. 4 of the 8 are spewin out the bottom, the others haven't budged. Hmmm.....

Attached Files
        Last edited by fety; 01-06-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Chemi-con KZJ, definately not polys. They NOT very tolerant of the heat. I recently removed some bulging and leaking ones from an MSI motherboard which were 16v 1000uF on the VRM in.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

that's a very poor construction where the vent stayed intact and the bung came out instead!

Comment

Question: Is it safe to assume those yellow guys in the middle will be ok? They are 4v 560uf and it says M 4D51U on the side. So are they Sanyo? -according to the K graphic on page 1 of this thread.

Comment

all the sanyo stuff i'v seen says sanyo on them.

Comment

If you have any I'd replace them but if not I'd leave them for now. I would however replace all 8 of the KZJ caps, not just the leaking ones, as the others are soon to follow. 6.3V is fine and would probably be easier to find (heck I have several 6.3V 820uF caps sitting around here, though used, so maybe not 820uF capable any more).

Comment

those are fujitsu polys.
                    i would clear out that whole row and replace with the 820@2.5 available in the badcaps store and elsewhere. the ones in there now have likely been dealing with all the ripple since the lytics are shot and may have been for a while.
                    Last edited by kc8adu; 01-08-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X