Need help DCLCD 19" LCD Monitor - I already replaced caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help DCLCD 19" LCD Monitor - I already replaced caps

Excellent, although the having the right spacing between the leads will make it a bit easier. at this point, I would guess it's ok to place the order?

Thanks Again..

Comment

Originally posted by Don P View Post
      Excellent, although the having the right spacing between the leads will make it a bit easier. at this point, I would guess it's ok to place the order?

Thanks Again..
      Yes. One final point on ordering from DigiKey - specify USPS First Class Mail shipping. Postage for your order will run under $3.00 and it will typically arrive in two days.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Ok, I am pleased to report that my parts did come in this afternoon, and that I now have a functional monitor again!!!!!!!!!

Thank You to Everyone that helped !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi folks, I just found this forum so hope I'm posting in the right place!

Regarding the LM004 rev3 power supply, could some kind soul possibly give me a list of the voltages found on the connector from the psu to the logic board please? (on a correctly working model)

Cheers,

Pete

Comment

Unless you are lucky enough for someone finishing up a repair on one of these, you might be waiting awhile.
            I have had my fair share of these apart, and the majority were able to be repaired, but I did not record any voltages.
            It may help if you would describe the type of problems you are experiencing with your monitor, as there are some fairly common failures.
            It's always good to have detailed photos of what you are working on. When you post photos, the managed attachments feature is preferred by several members that actively try to help in the monitor forum
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Thanks for the swift reply
              The monitor is a Gericom S1902D which uses the LM004 PSU. It had the usual short flash / blinking green light problem.
              I did a full recap of the board (except for the audio coupling caps) and it duly burst into life and worked fine for about 20 minutes. Then the screen became a bit darker over a large part of but not all of its area. I rechecked the PSU and to my horror I'd fitted the 10uf 10v cap in the wrong way round
              (This is what happens when you're tired but want to finish the job befoere going to bed)
              I noticed on another thread that there should probably be some 12v going to the logic board but I can't find any on the connector. I suppose a circuit diagram would be the best thing to have but can't find one anywhere on the net.
              Any ideas please?

Pete

Comment

If this is the power supply I think it is it is notorious for having some very small transistors short, causing a very fast flash of the backlights and the display being very dim.
                Pictures?? top and bottom of the power supply
                Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Hi again, sorry for the delayed response.
                  It turns out after more testing that the inverter is working OK and so are all the tubes. I think it's reasonable to assume then that either the logic board or LCD screen itself has a fault.
                  Iwas given the monitor for spares anyway and so I 'think I'll put it on the junk pile in the garage!
                  Many thanks for the help though.

Next job is to try to find an EDID file for a Viewsonic VP930.....................

Regards,

Pete

Comment

Just joined and wanted to say thanks for the great info. My DCLCD DCL9A+ recently failed to power on. I have the same power supply board as shown in post #172. Replaced all 10 caps as listed by Don P in post #179. Up and running again. This is an excellent fix for under 10 bucks!

TP

Comment

Hi, I followed this post all the way thru,,,,,hoping that someone came up with the answer. I thought that surely, DJM_PHX, would let us know what happened after all of his testing,,,,,,,,,,then,,,,,,,,,,,,nothing???????

Comment

Hello, I was having problems with this same board. I had the 2 seconds to black problem. Followed the threads until they came to a "screeching halt"! I then decided to check out my board. I was trying to check the voltage at the filter capacitor,,,,when I slipped,,,and shorted something out. I saw a "puff of smoke come up between the two disc capacitors and the transformer beside the filter capacitor. Couldn't visually see any problem with either of the components but evidently there is. Everything went black, instead of 2 seconds to black,,,,,it's all black. No power light at all. Got new caps to replace the filter cap, and the starter cap, put them in,,,,,,and still nothing at all. Tried to find a voltage (165v) at filter cap,,,,but nothing there. The disc caps don't look burned, and can't see anything "melted" on the transformer, but not sure how to check them.

Comment

Working...
                        X