Asrock H55M-LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asrock H55M-LE

Hello, i bought a used mb, can post, but blown 2 new Nichicon 1000uf 6.3v when i changed it, then i ask the previous owner, he said the problem is the audio chip, Via VT1708S, i took a look then find out a pin from the chip is broken, the problem is the chip is already damaged phisically, the first big question i am asking is may i desolder completely the audio chip and it wouldnt affect anything but no sound????? 2nd, can someone tell me the cap spec behind the usb and audio I/O? It has a 1000uf 6.3v cap but i want to make sure.

Re: Asrock H55M-LE

Originally posted by uligli View Post
    Hello, i bought a used mb, can post, but blown 2 new Nichicon 1000uf 6.3v when i changed it, then i ask the previous owner, he said the problem is the audio chip, Via VT1708S, i took a look then find out a pin from the chip is broken, the problem is the chip is already damaged phisically, the first big question i am asking is may i desolder completely the audio chip and it wouldnt affect anything but no sound????? 2nd, can someone tell me the cap spec behind the usb and audio I/O? It has a 1000uf 6.3v cap but i want to make sure.
    I did that on one Intel DG 41 and the board is working now fine , of course without sound .
    By the way , i didn't desolder it , to prevent any damage on thin lines . just cut it with a good cutter gently .

Comment

Thank you jiroy, very appreciated for your reply. Now i hope thats the only problem of this board because i dont know why it blew the new caps.

Comment

Originally posted by uligli View Post
        Thank you jiroy, very appreciated for your reply. Now i hope thats the only problem of this board because i dont know why it blew the new caps.
        Before removing the sound chipset (an Alc 88something which was heavily burnt ), the Intel DG41 couldn't even boot , so guess your problem will the most likely disappear .

In case everything went fine , it's better to disable the integrated Audio chipset in Bios ... good luck .

Comment

Working...
        X