Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Considering purchasing a Logic Analyzer

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
    They just don't make batteries like they used to! I didn't even know lithium ion batteries were around back then. Or are these lithium batteries not lithium ion? I know in laptops, we're lucky if we get a year out of them! Of course, they drain a lot faster with all that power, you know?
    The Texas Smart watch had a lithium battery built in it, first time I saw one was around 1985, so yes they have been around. I do not think it is the battery that was made so well I think it was the non-volatile memory, so the battery would not drain as much and they had different techniques of making the memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
      They just don't make batteries like they used to! I didn't even know lithium ion batteries were around back then. Or are these lithium batteries not lithium ion? I know in laptops, we're lucky if we get a year out of them! Of course, they drain a lot faster with all that power, you know?
      they are just lithium,
      some laptops like toshiba use lithium-thionyl rechargeables.

i think the first use of lithium-ion was in digital cellfones.

Comment

So this battery in this o-scope module is just lithium, not lithium ion?

I remember a while ago, Budm, I think, posted about a new type of battery they were working on. I can't remember what type, lithium something I think. It could charge really quick like, it could be recharged a large amount of times and they were supposed to be really cheap in price. Did anything ever happen with those things? They almost sounded too good to be true. My understanding was they were advertising about them so they could get investors to invest money so they could start working on producing them or something.
        -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

sounds like a scam.

the ram contains a smaller version of the coincell on pc motherboards.
          what you do is cut the top off the plastic shell, and sand the epoxy down till you get the outline of the battery.
          then mil or scrape the resin away from around it and lever it out.
          http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/dsrework.htm

Comment

I found the post:
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=battery

Aluminium-Ion battery. I guess the Japanese are also working on a Sodium-Ion battery as well.

Comment

I also found this:
              http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1303...r-over-the-air

They show one of the batteries is an aluminium graphite battery that charges to full in one minute

Comment

Working...
              X