Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959

My friend cracked the CCFL-backlit LCD screen in his laptop and he got intimidated when he saw all the screws he would have to remove. So, I offered to do it for him. I got the new LCD-backlit LCD display in. I didn't test the laptop beforehand to see if it would power on.

When I plug in the power adapter, the power LED comes on, but the power button does nothing...tested this with two power adapters (optical drive and hard drive removed, LCD unplugged, no peripherals).

I measure 0.27 V going to the power button (using the chassis ground and that seems low). All the other buttons on the same PCB have 3.3V going to them. Is there a standard voltage that should be going to the power button? When I press the button, it seems to work because the voltage drops to 0.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Toshiba Satellite L505-S6959

Usually it has to be 3v or 3.3v on the power button. It's normal dropping to zero when pressed.

Comment

Thanks for confirming that! Now I just have to figure out why it's not at 3.3V... Already checked the ribbon cable for continuity so that brings me back to the motherboard.

Comment

Thought I'd follow up on this...the connector for the microphone was plugged into the wrong jack..that's one of the first times I've seen a connector that wasn't unique on an individual laptop. Luckily, it didn't cause any components to fail and it's back up and running!

Comment

Interesting. I've never seen a problem like this caused by a misplaced mic.

Comment

Working...
          X