HP DV7 Component Ident.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DV7 Component Ident.

I have a DV7-1428ca laptop that the my daughter spilled something on and a drip got on the motherboard in a couple areas. The worst so far is a corroded resistor, bad enough i cant get a value reading.
    If anyone would happen to have a dv7 1400 or 1200 series motherboard would it be possible to measure the value of a resistor for me?
    The item in question is in the circle on the image and is labled R871 on the board.
    Thanks for any assistance.
    Tom.

Re: HP DV7 Component Ident.

It may be difficult for someone to have the same motherboard to measure the component. It's better if you post the MB model, maybe someone may take a look at the schematics. The MB model is something like LA-xxxxP, usually next to the memory slots or keyboard connector.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, There are a ton of numbers on here so I'm glad you clued me in on which one is necessary.
      The number on this one is JBK00 LA-4091P
      I Hope someone has the schematics or a matching board to measure up

Thanks again
      Tom.

Comment

From the datasheet:
        R871
        330K_0402_5%

So 330Kohm resistance, 5% tolerance, 0402 size.

Comment

Thank you very much sir.
          I'll get that replaced in the morning and see if it solves the issue this unit has developed.
          Thanks again
          Tom.

Comment

Apparently that is not the only problem on the board. I replaced the resistor and the unit still shuts down 3 seconds after headphones are plugged in and the IR remote reciever does not work.
            Would anyone have any ideas where to look?
            Or maybe i whould start a new topic..

yyonline would there be any possibility of getting a copy of the schematic or just the parts pertaining to this section?

Thanks
            Tom.

Comment

Does the unit work fine without plugging the headphones?

Comment

Yes everything else but the IR reciever for the remote and the headphone outout works well.
                The IR does show a voltage change when you point and shoot the remote, but there may be a problem in the chip that translates it.

Audio works fine from the laptops speakers.

I isolated the jack daughterboard and manually pulled the sense line (3.4V) to ground and it still shuts the unit down after 3 seconds.
                It seems like the sense line runs through 2 6 pin transistors, Q20 and Q148, between the codec chip and the jack daughter board so I am wondering if something in that little mess is shorting and tripping the protect.
                I've been trying to identify those two transistors but the markings of MNIVO dont come up at all.

Comment

Well audio is fixed. found some more corrosion over by the docking port, cleaned it up and touched up a few solder joints.
                  The IR is still out to lunch tho..

Comment

Have you checked bios config for IR?

Comment

I took a quick look in there and didnt see anything relating to the IR.

With some probing I see the IR functioning but only getting a .09V fluctuation when hitting a button on the remote, this seems a little low to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X