Apple Macbook Air A1465 2015 Board #: 820-00164-A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Macbook Air A1465 2015 Board #: 820-00164-A

Hey all, (and most likely mon, *love ya*)

Boardview/Schematic found here

NOTE: this board does have evidence of liquid damage and it's mostly concentrated where i've circled on the boardview and shown in the images attached. I hope they may serve intuition.

Hope you're having a lovely Wednesday evening, I have this macbook air that as soon as I plug in the charger it will either flash green for a split second, turn off, then flashes red the next, then nothing. OR simply flash red and nothing will happen.

I went through the power rails and have gone up to 3v3_S4 and it reads .3V

Now doing some experimentation I simply measured with my probes the SYS_ONEWIRE, which i should've done first but I'm none the wiser, it turns on. Although with MAX fan speed, mind you.

Any sort of direction or suggestion is greatly appreciated and I wish to learn why it's doing what it's doing. TYIA.
    Attached Files

Re: Apple Macbook Air A1465 2015 Board #: 820-00164-A

As a side note I forgot to add this into the post, apologies, I also checked U8050:

PP3v3_S5 is present and is at 3.33V as expected,
    SMC_SENSOR_PWR_EN is not present,
    I checked SMC_BC_ACOK and it is also not present.

Any light is greatly appreciated. Will update if I find anything more notable.

Comment

(and most likely mon, *love ya*)

With no power -> pour some IPA (alcohol) (Costco stuff is great and cheap) onto the green swamp juice areas you show. Use Q-tips / cottom swabs and clean up that fur balls and other residue off the PCB. The IPA will evaporate and is safe to use.

Then test again.

For the one wire communication (Dallas / Maxim) to function, you need the 3v42 rail to function first.

Check for it with your adapter. Measure the voltage @ L7095, pin # 2.

What is the voltage ?

Also measure PPBUS_G3H (fuse F7140, pin # 2).

Comment

Lol always love seeing you around mon2

@ L7095, pin # 2 : 3.42V
        @ PPBUS_G3H (fuse F7140, pin # 2): 8.6V

New thing is happening now that I cleaned the shrek juices (I timed it) : after 10-11 seconds it turns on with max fan spin *I did not do anything to SYS_ONEWIRE this time*).

Okay, trying to make it happen again, isn't happening.

Comment

1) Do you have the trackpad / keyboard connected ? If yes, remove it and test again.

2) Does the magsafe light remain on ? It should if the 3v42 rail is working. The color may be green or orange (if the battery is charging).

3) Aside from the full fan spin, does the logic board boot and show anything on the display ? Assuming that you are using the original and official power adapter from Apple ?

4) Review the LIO board and this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=93255
          * will check back later

Comment

Everything is disconnected

It does remain on once it does manage to turn on, it is orange (as mentioned before the board is naked)

Putting everything back together and it chimes, with question mark folder! .

Although still intermittent.

And no problem will check back as well, thank you for your time mon2.

Looking into the thread it does seem like the LIO board is probably busted but I don't have another spare one unfortunately. Will revisit this if i manage to find one.

Thanks again mon2

Comment

Working...
            X