Samsung Plasma PN43F4500BF will not turn on please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Plasma PN43F4500BF will not turn on please help

Samsung Plasma PN43F4500BF will not power on. When plugged in no relays click. Every few seconds the screen fully lights then goes dark constantly doing this over and over every few seconds. Doesn't seem to listen to power commands from the power button or remote control. It's like as soon as you plug it in it seems like it's already powered up since the screen lights for a sec and goes dark over and over every few seconds. The red light in front blinks 6 times then pauses then 6 times again over and over. On the first blink the screen lights then turns darker, then on the third or fourth blink it turns complete black.

This is what I have tried so far and the voltages I'm getting...

Power Supply to Mainboard connector

Pin 1 STBY = 5.330V

Pin 2 PS_ON = 0.053 and jumps up then back down (Pressing of the power button has no affect)

Pin 3 GND

Pin 4 B15V = 15.55V and jumps down to the meeter displaying 0L then back up to 15.55V does this every few seconds.

Pin 5 B15V = 15.55V and jumps down to the meeter displaying 0L then back up to 15.55V does this every few seconds.

Pin 6 B15V = 15.55V and jumps down to the meeter displaying 0L then back up to 15.55V does this every few seconds.

Pin 7 GND

Pin 8 GND

Pin 9 B5V = 5.316V and jumps to 0 and back to 5.316V (Does this constantly every few seconds)

Pin 10 B5V = 5.316V and jumps to 0 and back to 5.316V (Does this constantly every few seconds)

CN802 (Goes from power supply to X-Buffer board)

Pin 1 GND

Pin 2 PS-ON = 0.052 jumps up to 3. Something and back down to 0.052V does this constantly every few seconds ( Pressing power button has no affect)

Pin 3 VS CON = 2.077V and down to nothing constantly every few seconds

Pin 4 VS ON = 3.265V and every few seconds drops to nothing then comes back up constantly does this.

Pin 5 GND

Pin 6 B5V = 5.312V and drops down every few seconds then comes back up.

Pin 7 B15V = 15.56V and drops to the meeter saying 0L then back up constantly doing this every few seconds.

Pin 8 GND

Pin 9 VA = 58.13V and drops to 51V constantly every few seconds doing this

Pin 10 NC

Pin 11 VS = 210.2V and drops to 201V and back up constantly doing this every few seconds

Pin 12 VS = 210.2V and drops to 201V and back up constantly doing this every few seconds

CN4002 (Connector from X-Buffer board to the Y-Main board)

Pin 1 15V = 15.56V and drops to 0L then comes back up contantly doing this every few seconds.

Pin 2 DGND

Pin 3 OUTL = 20.23V then goes to 0L on the meeter then jumps up to 28.61V then comes back down to 20.23V constantly does this up and down every few seconds

Pin 4 OUTL = 20.23V then goes to 0L on the meeter then jumps up to 28.61V then comes back down to 20.23V constantly does this up and down every few seconds

Pin 5 OUTL = 20.23V then goes to 0L on the meeter then jumps up to 28.61V then comes back down to 20.23V constantly does this up and down every few seconds

Pin 6 VS = 210.2V then drops to 199V and comes back up constantly doing this.

On back of panel Vs says 210V I get 210.2V and drops to 199V and comes back up constantly doing this.

On back of panel Va says 58V I get 58.10 and drops down to 50V and comes back up constantly doing this.

On back of panel Vsc says -185 I get -184.9 then it jumps up to -192.7 and comes back down it does this constantly every few seconds.

Tried disconnecting the power from the power supply to each board individually to see if I could narrow it down but it eaither did the same thing or it would be completely dead.

Re-seated all cables with same results.

No bulged caps on any of the boards.

All fuses test ok even the pico on the main logic control board.

The heart blink on the main logic control board seems normal until the screen lights then it looks like it double beats then goes back to normal. What's odd is the heartbeat starts imediatly when plugging it in. I don't recall other samy plasmas doing this until you actually press power, pressing power does nothing it's like it automatically turns itself on when I plug it in.

I have attached a picture of the power supply. Does Anyone have any idea which board is the issue here?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sfernandes; 12-09-2017, 06:48 PM.

Re: Samsung Plasma PN43F4500BF will not turn on please help

I think I would try disconnecting main board and then force PSU on then if OK and steady force vs on - this to prove those circuits OK or not.

Comment

Originally posted by maxvalutech View Post
      I think I would try disconnecting main board and then force PSU on then if OK and steady force vs on - this to prove those circuits OK or not.
      That's a good idea. What pins do I jump to force the PS on?

Comment

Standby to ps-on first and check what voltages you then have followed by 5v to vs-on as I recall. Connections by way of small resistor in the main board end of connector if easiest.
        Off hand it seems the main board is sending commands OK and may be protection is turning off at Vs on stage. To measure Vs when forcing it on you may need to set up dmm beforehand in case of quick shutdown .
        Last edited by maxvalutech; 12-09-2017, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Standby to ps-on first and check what voltages you then have followed by 5v to vs-on as I recall. Connections by way of small resistor in the main board end of connector if easiest.
          Off hand it seems the main board is sending commands OK and may be protection is turning off at Vs on stage. To measure Vs when forcing it on you may need to set up dmm beforehand in case of quick shutdown .
          Ok well I forced the PSU on just by shorting PS_ON and GND with the Mainboard disconnected. The PSU now doesn't fluctuate the voltages it's steady everywhere, the screen still did not light I'm not sure it's supposed to without the Mainboard. Please advise.

Comment

Yes that's OK for screen to work Vs needed and Vs and Va need to measure volts as recorded in screen panel sticker. Search this forum for ' Samsung plasma tutorial' a download of interest.

Comment

Yes that's OK for screen to work Vs needed and Vs and Va need to measure volts as recorded in screen panel sticker. Search this forum for ' Samsung plasma tutorial' a download of interest.
              Yeah but with Mainboard disconnected and the PS_ON and GND jumped I do get ALL voltages including the VA and VS. the screen doesn't light up though. Is that normal even though I have the voltages? Would this mean the Mainboard is faulty since the voltages are steady without it connected? Please advise.

Comment

you might be able to run the test patterns. disconnect the lvds cable and find the jumper junction on the control board and jump pins 3 and 4.

if you get good test patterns, then your main is at fault, which it does appear to be at this point.
                WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

Originally posted by attainteddragon View Post
                  you might be able to run the test patterns. disconnect the lvds cable and find the jumper junction on the control board and jump pins 3 and 4.

if you get good test patterns, then your main is at fault, which it does appear to be at this point.
                  Unfortunately this model does not have any jumpers at all on the control board. Is there any other way to activate the test paterns?

Comment

well that sux. i am not aware of any other ways to run the test patterns myself unfortunately.

what is the control board part number, or better yet, a pic would be good.

Comment

A faulty control board can pull down the 5v activation on the PSU and cause the on/off/on/off sequence. As you have all voltages and screen does light briefly it does look likely it will be control or main. What year made as I can't find much on this model.

Comment

well that sux. i am not aware of any other ways to run the test patterns myself unfortunately.

what is the control board part number, or better yet, a pic would be good.
                        The picture of the logic control board is attached below.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A faulty control board can pull down the 5v activation on the PSU and cause the on/off/on/off sequence. As you have all voltages and screen does light briefly it does look likely it will be control or main. What year made as I can't find much on this model.
                          I am getting the 5V standby just so you know. It was Manufactured in 2014
                          Last edited by sfernandes; 12-11-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Would anyone happen to know how to activate the logic board test patterns on this one? It looks to have the spot where the jumpers go, but has no jumpers.

Comment

Pretty sure I have a known good logic board for that set.

Comment

the only difference is this one has holes instead of pins, so just insert a wire jumper into the top 2 holes (no 3 and 4), disconnect the lvds cable, apply power, and you should in theory get test patterns.

Comment

Originally posted by sfernandes View Post
                                  I am getting the 5V standby just so you know. It was Manufactured in 2014
                                  Thanks for date I only saw it was 720p so thought might have been older. See your first post herein re 5v and others coming/going/coming/going etc.

Comment

Thanks for date I only saw it was 720p so thought might have been older. See your first post herein re 5v and others coming/going/coming/going etc.
                                    Yes, but if you look at post #5 you will see that with the main disconnected the power is steady and doesn't fluctuate anymore.

Comment

the only difference is this one has holes instead of pins, so just insert a wire jumper into the top 2 holes (no 3 and 4), disconnect the lvds cable, apply power, and you should in theory get test patterns.
                                      Ok I did this and got the test patterns to come up, but it does the same thing shows only a few patterns then screen goes dark then shows the patterns from the beginning and again goes black does this over and over. I measured the voltages during the test patterns and same thing voltages correct then drop then correct then drop over and over.

I then decide to run the test patterns forcing the PSU on by jumping the pins and disconnecting the power from the power supply to the main and doing that all test patterns show with no issues and screen never goes dark and all voltages stay steady.

So it seems like whenever I unplug power from the Mainboard all is well as soon as I put power to the Mainboard this issue happens.

Does that tell me it's a bad Mainboard?

It so anyone know what component on the Mainboard would cause this. Please advise. Thanks

Comment

There's a block of four holes in the top right of the board.

Holes 3 and 4 need to be jumpered together. You can solder a wire between these or use something like a pair of tweezers.

These panels will turn off the "priming" when the panel is not displaying any picture. So it will go completely black. If the control board LED is blinking approx once a second, then the control board is running, and it should be working. This usually means the X-main and Y-main are working too, excepting some rare faults.

If your test patterns are good when the PS-ON is jumpered, then it proves everything except the main board is good. So replace the main board.

It is probably bad flash memory, which could be repaired if you have the replacement image. Unfortunately, they are rarely available.
                                        Last edited by tom66; 12-12-2017, 12:39 PM.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                        X