Receiver works sporadically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Receiver works sporadically

Typically when I first turn it on, it powers up, but no sound comes out, then it will just start working without touching anything. Sometimes it will stop working again. Is this a loose connection somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Receiver works sporadically

It appears to be something intermittent. Dry and faulty solder joints can be hard to find, so if you have the time, resolder every solder joint.
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Here's a fairly simple test for bad connection.
        Access main board, top or bottom.
        Activate system in it's simplest form, ant and coouple speakers.
        Butt end of small screw driver, plastic, start gently tapping around power supply.
        Move onto tuner section, move into preamp, and finnaly tap around outputs.
        Listening for any reactions this should take all of five minutes and will tell about general board condition.
        After all that I could add that a single badcap can absolutely cause that symptom.
        I would go to the old hot cold treatment to find the culprit. (freeze spray and heat gun on small coupling caps)
        Jim

Comment

Working...
        X