Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yamaha A-760...no one under 30 needs to read this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha A-760...no one under 30 needs to read this!

So I always wanted this amp, or any in the series of brushed aluminum with the uber-cool square lighted buttons. I was at the Dallas computer swap meet ( known to the locals as "under the bridge") and picked up this amp for $15. It has a bit of a moisture issue, and one of the Zeners had water sitting in the lead hole and actually corroded the lead wire in two. I think the diode itself is likely okay, but am planning a full restoration. I've found the service manual and schematic online, but they are poor quality scans and lack sufficient resolution. I have seached Elektotanya, Eservice info etc and there is only one bad copy of the same manual floating around.
    Thus, my question. Does anyone have an original, or a readable copy I could purchase or are there other references/sources I've overlooked? Done the Ebay thing...no joy. Any help or insights would be welcome.

Re: Yamaha A-760...no one under 30 needs to read this!

I've had the same problem too. I get the impression that a lot of people do not know how to use scanning software, or understand what image compression is.
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

You're so right. I would have been ticked off if I had spent money on these copies as they were so poor. Looks like someone just slapped an old manual on a scanner and hit the button....UGH.

Comment

I just downloaded the manual from Eserviceinfo.. It's not as bad as some I have seen, At least the schematic is mostly readable, anyway.

The exploded view is a bit pathetic though.
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

if you're looking at the A-760, the zener I'm worried about is directly under a larger blob of text! Just like the bug that splats on your windshield is always directly in front of the driver's face.....

Comment

Well, It would be, wouldn't it?

Do you just want to know what it is so you can get a replacement?

I saw a thread on diyaudio about one of those amps, maybe that person can give you some info on what you need...
            -David VanHorn

Comment

I was planning a full restoration, and the zener may be fine as I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I'll look on Diyaudio for that thread. Thanks!

Comment

This is what I found: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...a-760-a-2.html

There was also this: http://gigapod.free.fr/Yamaha_A760.html

Hopefully the people behind those pages may be able to help you
                -David VanHorn

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X