Samsung HPS4253X/XAA SG04 Black screen with sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung HPS4253X/XAA SG04 Black screen with sound

This is the second time this TV went out. I've decided to fix the TV myself this time since the place I took it to last time charged $230, and after reading up on it a bit it seems that is an over charge since all they did was replace the power supply board.

I have a Samsung HPS4253X/XAA SG04. It turns on for 2 minutes then the entire screen goes black at once, not in vertical lines. It still has sound and the menu does not show up with the remote. It smelled like plastic was burning. I assume it was the melted plastic disc on top of one of the caps. There are no other bulging caps other than the two in the picture. Could the problem just be the blown caps?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung HPS4253X/XAA SG04 Black screen with sound

Yes could just be the caps, Swap them out and see

Comment

I would look to see exactly what the repair shop did. If they replaced those caps, then there is a chance that the caps they purchased were poor quality. Happened to me and I spent a week scratching my head until I broke down and bought caps from a reputable source.

Comment

the capxon are original, samxon most likely what were replaced. kinda strange they only replaced 2 unless they were hoping for some premature repeat business from you?

May be worth getting 4 brand new of a decent brand.

Comment

I concur.. If those caps are bulging I'd start there and replace all four. Probably controls vs voltage output.
          Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Sorry. I would've posted back sooner, but after the first email that newtothis replied I deleted it and didn't get anymore after that and I couldn't find the thread.
            Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
            the capxon are original, samxon most likely what were replaced. kinda strange they only replaced 2 unless they were hoping for some premature repeat business from you?
            They didn't even replace the whole board like they claimed they did? We just paid them $230 to replace 2 caps? They must be getting rich paying themselves $220 an hour. I'm definitely never using those guys again.

The problem was just those 2 caps. It's been working fine now. I'm glad I didn't just buy a t-con board after seeing that was the most often solution to the sound but no video problem.

I did end up accidentally pulling out a pad, but I just put it back in used plenty of solder and it's working fine.
            Thanks!
            Last edited by Vengeance; 03-06-2015, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
              Yes could just be the caps, Swap them out and see
              How do I go about swapping them out?

Comment

Watch a video on youtube. Very easy to do.

Comment

Working...
                X