Sagem DTR67500T bad IR receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sagem DTR67500T bad IR receiver

Hi, I have a Sagem DTR67500T hard disk recorder with a dodgy IR receiver. IR only works if I have the remote within a foot of the receiver.

The problem isn't in the remote itself as it happens with multiple universal remotes too, so must be at the receiving end.

I have removed everything in front of the IR receiver and given it a clean with no improvement.

Is it likely to be the IR receiver itself that is dodgy, or some other component near it on the motherboard?

Can anyone identify the IR component, to the right of the LEDs in the photos, so I can try replacing it? There's no writing on it that I can see.
    Attached Files

Re: Sagem DTR67500T bad IR receiver

it could be the IR receiver, but also could be one of the caps near it. I would check if the IR receiver is getting clean power first, before I'd swap that IR. An Oscilloscope would come in really handy here, if you have one or can borrow one from a friend.

Comment

Thanks. I don't have an oscilloscope or know anyone with one. I have a DMM if that helps, although I don't know what to measure.

Comment

These are a 3 pin device, one pin is ground, one pin is signal and the last is the supply voltage, which in this case seems to be the pin on the end with the 10uf/16v cap. connected to it. measure that voltage, then you could try one from something else that matches the voltage and pin configuration.
        As stated above, you would need a scope to check the output pulse, but I suspect the ir module is weak
        Last edited by R_J; 12-09-2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks. My problem is trying to find an IR module that will fit. I've not managed to find one on RS Components (I'm in the UK). Where else should I look?

Comment

I would think anywhere, http://www.kiatronics.com/leds-ir/in...ode-70383.html
            something like this most likely would work if the pin config is the same and the voltage is the same

Comment

Thanks. I've seen lots of that type but wasn't sure they would work. I mean, they're not the same width, don't have the two mounting/grounding legs at the front, and are through-hole rather than surface mount. But if you think that doesn't matter, I can give that a go. How easy is it to mount what is normally a through-hole component onto surface-mount pads?

Comment

Just bend the legs until everything fits

Comment

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...YVSIvMXfdQag==

May not be the correct pinout
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by R_J; 12-10-2017, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Ooh many thanks, brilliant finding, that's got to be the one. All I need to do now is determine the exact part (I see there are variants for 36kHz, 38kHz or 40kHz), and find someone who sells it (mouser is out of stock).

Comment

Hello, for the sake of the archives, I did replace the IR module with one I found on ebay (38 kHz), and it worked great. The remote control now works at a normal distance. Many thanks again to R_J for visually identifying the component.

Comment

Working...
                      X