Samsung AV-R720

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung AV-R720

I have a receiver that has some sound issues. When I connect a speaker to the from left I get normal sound. When I connect to the right speaker, I get very loud static and crackling and it sounds like a radio when you haven't tuned a station. I also noticed that when I connect the audio cables to the DVD audio input, I get sound from the speakers when I connect the white left channel but nothing on the red right channel cable. When I connect both, the sound volume drops a lot.

I checked the ESR on all the large caps and all good. I am suspecting AIC5(amp) or AIC1. Anyone have any ideas or am I on the right track?

Here is schematic

Attached Files
    Last edited by tech2014; 02-20-2015, 08:23 PM.

Re: Samsung AV-R720

I did some process of elimination and found that the front right channel is static or cracking really bad in all modes, CD,DVD,VCR. It works fine on the left channel in all modes. There is an op amp AIC5 that I suspect, or possibly capacitors AC13 or AC17.

Anyone out there??

Comment

hello I'm no expert but I just googled your issue and it suggested a transistor problem. Did you compare working with non working? I'm very intertested to find what the problem is

Comment

Hi, I have just purchased this receiver, knowing it had this problem (noise in right chan). Other forums have indicated the problem to be a 100 pin dsp chip. It seems I have purchased a $5 set of banana jacks!....If anyone has found alternate solutions, I would greatly appreciate any guidance.
        BTW: is there a typo in the owners manual, or do they spec power output at 10% distortion!?
        Thanks, Peter in Canada

Comment

Working...
        X