IPTV tv streaming boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPTV tv streaming boxes?

Hi guys;i hear people that sell iptv say, you need a good streaming box with a good buffering? and they advice,Formuler or Mag254,i have Probox2Plus 6.0 Oct-core 912 3GB ram DDR4 64Bit 32Gb Storage, isn't this a good Android TV box for IPTV/,bellow are the specs of the 2 streaming boxes and Probox2 Plus specs.

http://probox2.com/probox2-air-plus/

https://www.infomir.eu/eng/products/iptv-stb/mag255/

https://www.iptvbenelux.nl/product/1...iamant-prepaid

Re: IPTV tv streaming boxes?

I use a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for streaming movies/TV, fine for 1080p, 4K probably wouldn't be suitable. It all depends on your requirements really.

Comment

Originally posted by jondoe View Post
      I use a Raspberry Pi 2 Model B for streaming movies/TV, fine for 1080p, 4K probably wouldn't be suitable. It all depends on your requirements really.
      Thanks; my requirements are no or little buffering on HD IPTV,and to browse the web,but the question is , to dispute these guys on a good buffering tv box,? it's a littler weird that a TV box with 1GB Ram has better Buffering then a 3GBRam? also if there ios such a thing as a good buffering TV streaming box ?either it buffers or not,i thing these guys trying to sell these Formuler and Mag tv boxes,the way i see it no tv box with only 1GBN ram could be better then a 3 gb ram tv box.

Comment

With the Pi2 I just use Kodi to stream video, I don't do any browsing on it, I don't suppose it would be the best experience if I did. But for video streaming, it's just fine.

If you're going to be browsing the web often a device with more RAM will be snappier and probably better suited for your needs. As for buffering there is probably some logic there, an Android box won't have much free RAM once the OS is loaded, so it has less RAM to buffer into, where as a 3GB box has more head room. That said, I think they are probably over playing it

Comment

Originally posted by jondoe View Post
          With the Pi2 I just use Kodi to stream video, I don't do any browsing on it, I don't suppose it would be the best experience if I did. But for video streaming, it's just fine.

If you're going to be browsing the web often a device with more RAM will be snappier and probably better suited for your needs. As for buffering there is probably some logic there, an Android box won't have much free RAM once the OS is loaded, so it has less RAM to buffer into, where as a 3GB box has more head room. That said, I think they are probably over playing it
          But my box has 32GB storage,and it's not full,i still have 23GB free and once in awhile clean cache on all APPS,besides i use my INTEL 5 quad core pc 6 GB ram,500GB storage and i use VLC to stream PTV or Kodi and i check and if it buffers on My android powerful TV box also buffers on PC, and my Speed is 120MBPS 12 MS Ping most the time,so it has to be on the IPTV providers side,although they always try to blame it on us end users hardware/software/internet set up,besides a good buffering tv box my ass,that's fools talk,there is no such a thing.this the talk of someone that wants to sell their fully-loaded tv boxes.
          Last edited by ivtec; 10-28-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Kodi+Raspberry Pi3

Comment

Working...
            X