Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSP150-50LG Fault

Hello
    I have a FSP150-50LG PC power supply where the 3.3 and 12v is missing.
    Is there anyone who have schematic for this PSU or know where the fault is
    Thanks 🙂

Re: FSP150-50LG Fault

The Bestec ATX250-12E is a great power supply IF you modify the 5VSB. The IMicro power supplies are also great power supplies IF you finish putting in all the parts that are supposed to be there. But the low power FSP power supplies are hard drive blowers. I have seen only one fix for them, as can be seen in the pictures. Not sure what size rifle bullet permanently fixed this hard drive blower.
    Attached Files
    Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Originally posted by everell View Post
      But the low power FSP power supplies are hard drive blowers. I have seen only one fix for them, as can be seen in the pictures. Not sure what size rifle bullet permanently fixed this hard drive blower.
      Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      Rooz told me it was caliber .243
      ^^There you go

As fun as that picture is I just want to say that today I have a scope, back then I didn't and that was the reason back then for not touching it.
      That and the end-user suspected the PSU, so how would I know if I made it better or worse after a recap?
      You may remember the article on the now defunct Jonnyguru where they had that experience...
      I mean the poor PoS has Capxon capacitors, what do you expect?
      Last edited by Per Hansson; 05-24-2021, 01:41 PM.
      "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

meh its a waste of rifle bullets. its not even worth the cost of the bullets used to shoot at it. just wire it up to short circuit and use it as a hand grenade. some icute and other junk brand power supplies are exactly just that. a hand grenade waiting to blow up!

Comment

jarenfeldt: I know these posts so far have not been very helpful, but I was hoping to add a little humor to the repair process. Given enough time and money, any power supply can be fixed!

First, it would be more sociable to know what country, city, and state you are from.

Second, it would be most helpful to see some pictures of the power supply you are trying to repair.

And finally what information can you give as to what troubleshooting you have done. You mentioned, no 12 volts and no 3.3 volts. I would start by measuring the main fuse. Is it open? Is the 115 VAC/230 VAC switch in the correct position for the line voltage you are using? When powered up, do you get any voltage on the 5VSB rail? If not, you won't get much of anything. Do you get any voltage on the 5 volt rail? These are things you need to start with. So let us know what you have.

Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

^ I 2nd what everell said above.
            Basically, we'd need more info and pictures to dig in further.
            There may be schematics somewhere on the internet (perhaps some Russian website), but I generally never look for such, as I find I waste too much time looking at irrelevant pages. It's quicker to do the troubleshooting yourself sometimes (and perhaps with the help of a forum like BCN ) than to waddle through websites that make it look like they have schematics for everything, but really have none and just echoed your search engine query on their site to get a hit.

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
            ^^There you go
            Oh I remember that one now with how the wire came out all mangled from the main traffo where it hit. On the other hand, I see the 5VSB traffo survived. I could certainly use one of those right now for a PSU I'm repairing. (well, I already used one out of another junk PSU, but differences in the pri. aux. windings aren't supplying enough voltage for the PWM of the main PS to work... otherwise, I did get the 5VSB running on that 2-tranny circuit without blowing up a single part! )

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire
            just wire it up to short circuit and use it as a hand grenade.
            Nah, not worth even that, IMO. Too many useful parts even the lowest-end junkers to justify smashing/blowing/destroying one. So I save *every* PSU I come across... but given my title, that's to be expected now, isn't it. Of course, the really bad ones I just don't use in a PC and may use for parts only.
            Last edited by momaka; 05-26-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=jarenfeldt;
              I have a FSP150-50LG PC power supply where the 3.3 and 12v is missing.[/QUOTE]

Whereas there has been no followup on this power supply, I hope you can bear with me with a little humor.

The picture here is a FSP power supply in which the 3.3 and 12v is "missing"!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X