operating system not found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

operating system not found

I Recent Recapped A Trigem Imperial Motherboard,Took Some Practice,But It Worked Out Fine,Now I Have Another Problem,My Hp Boots Up,But Delivers A Message :Operating System Not Found,Can Anyone Help Me With This Issue?The Operating System Is Windows Xp Home Edition If This Helps Any.
    Last edited by R.Reed; 07-12-2011, 11:27 AM. Reason: forgot to add operating system

Re: operating system not found

A bit more info would be helpful. This can be just about any of quite a few things.

* Your bios for some reason is set to boot from anything but the hard drive where your OS resides.
    * You accidentally left a floppy or cd (or even usb pen) in drive and the computer tries to boot it.
    * Something has gone wrong with the content of your hard drive.
    * Physical error of your hard drive.

There is a few more things that can go wrong, like random hardware failures and stuff but i would suggest you check the easy ones first.

Comment

Re: operating system not found

Check your hard drive cable and double check both ends are fully seated. SATA cables are notorious for coming loose if they don't have the metal locking tabs.
      Stupidity should be a crime, especially for drivers. I have NO patience for them.

Comment

Working...
      X